Season review 2013 300rr

Tell us all the gorey details!

Re: Season review 2013 300rr

Postby Montesa » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Timber wrote:
Montesa wrote:Nice writeup. I'm still waiting to ride mine.

What are you waiting for?

It's at Bulletproof Designs. They're using it as a pattern for front and rear rotor and radiator guards. I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow but the next day I'm out of town for a few weeks. Sucks to buy a bike and not get to ride it for a month or better.
Montesa

Postby Enmerdeur » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Well here I go into Beta land. Just ordered a 300. Local dealer gave me a great deal on one. Couldn't resist. Quite frankly I hold all of you personally responsible. My wife's family is from Austria right where KTM's are built. Some of them have even worked for the factory. They may have a dimmer view of me after this. Hey I still have my KTM 450. They don't have to know about the Beta.

Probably the wrong site for this but is anyone interested in a clean 2013 KTM 300 XC-W with Utah plates?
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby Timber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Enmerdeur wrote:Well here I go into Beta land. Just ordered a 300. Local dealer gave me a great deal on one. Couldn't resist. Quite frankly I hold all of you personally responsible. My wife's family is from Austria right where KTM's are built. Some of them have even worked for the factory. They may have a dimmer view of me after this. Hey I still have my KTM 450. They don't have to know about the Beta.

Probably the wrong site for this but is anyone interested in a clean 2013 KTM 300 XC-W with Utah plates?

Your not going to miss that ktm a bit, the family........that's for you to decide :D

On the stability front, like GMP, I usually bolt up a scotts Imediatly on every bike I've ever owned but this bike doesn't need it. How they get it to turn and be stable at the same time amazes me.
Timber

Postby 454X » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Whats up tnt timber? I jumped on the Beta bus too. 2014 300RR. Thought I was the only one over here running a Lectron. It was the first thing I took off before I wheeled the wr300 into Dans shop. Called Kevin at Lectron he's gonna make mine short like the pwk. I couldn't of put it better than you said it these bike are awesome.
2014 BETA 300RR W/36MM LECTRON.
2012 HUSQVARNA CR165WB W/36MM LECTRON.
454X

Postby Dyrtmon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 am

I ended up with one of Nate's (Timber) 2013 300rr bikes last December and I have to admit that I like it much better than my KTM 300…NEVER thought any bike could be better. It was set up just about perfectly, I've made some tweaks here and there, such as a Rekluse and LHRB - The Lectron carb make for an almost electric smoothness that's unbelievable. Mileage is incredible, as I did an 83 mile ride recently and did not hit reserve on the 2.5 gallon tank. Last week I put my Scotts damper on her, did not feel that it was absolutley necessary, but wanted to raise the handlebars, so got the BRP sub mount and now the bars are where I really like em. Oh - Did I mention the flawless E start vs the flawful KTM E start….

The KTM has more low end hit, probably because I'm running the red power valve spring…Am going to swap it out for the yellow just to compare.
At first the more compact Beta cockpit seemed weird, but in technical terrain I've grown to love it as it does turn better than the KTM and is easier to throw around. I'm running a Sedona MX907 with Tubeliss at 5 lbs on the rear - IMO the perfect trials hybrid that hooks up nicely….Dunlop MX 32 on the front.

I made an Idaho trip last summer, one of the guys there had my identical bike, and like myself he was a total KTM (250) 2 stroke junkie….He said the Beta was a much better handler, I had a hard time believing that…until now!

I think the Beta 300s are really giving folks a viable alternative to the KTM 300 (still like those KTMs) which means the bar has been raised.
2013 300 RR
2009 KTM 300 XCW
2015 Husqvarna FE350
Dyrtmon

Previous

Return to Ride Reports