Mendocino, CA dual sport

Tell us all the gorey details!

Mendocino, CA dual sport

Postby ricoyam » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:22 pm

I rode a two day dual sport this past weekend out of Upper Lake in Northern California. What a great ride.
It was my first real ride on my 430RS. The bike is amazing. I'm still trying to get used to being able to let the RPM drop nearly to idle and still be able to roll the throttle on and have the bike pull me up any hill I was on. Obviously way different from my 200 EXC which has been my modern dirt bike for the past 17 years.

Sadly my Beta doesn't look so brand new anymore but it has also proven to resist crash damage very well. My Cycra hand guards sure look like hell though! I think I'll be looking at steering stabilizers. Pretty sure it'll make the bike even easier to ride and I may add a couple of teeth to the rear sprocket. The bike came with a 13t as well as the 15t that is on it now but I think dropping to the 13 might be too much.

I need to figure out all the ins and outs of the TrailTech GPS too. It might make my head explode though. I'm just getting to old to have to learn this stuff.

Sore and stiff with a minor sprain in the left ankle but thinking about next weekend already.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Re: Mendocino, CA dual sport

Postby mtdirtbag » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Sounds like a good ride, your post reminds me that I need to get in touch with a Army Buddy and wedding party member 50 years ago this May. He has a internet cafe in Mendocino.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Re: Mendocino, CA dual sport

Postby ricoyam » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:00 pm

mtdirtbag wrote:Sounds like a good ride, your post reminds me that I need to get in touch with a Army Buddy and wedding party member 50 years ago this May. He has a internet cafe in Mendocino.

Haul your bike up there and go for a ride. There's quite a bit of OHV opportunity up there.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Return to Ride Reports