NETRA King Philips Enduro 06/07/15

Tell us all the gorey details!

NETRA King Philips Enduro 06/07/15

Postby bmrev01 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:36 am

My son raced my 15 Beta 250 RR Race during this event on Sunday. This is the second Enduro he has raced the bike. The day started out smooth with his pre registered number of 11 he was in good shape to start. The start of this event was super cool as they had him wind through a sick grass track that all the spectators could watch. This was nice to see except I went to grab a video and yelled gas it to him and he hit the deck....That will be the last time I Yell as it has happened many times before just the slightest break in concentration screws him. The rest of the day was uneventful besides the issues after the gas break. Just after the gas stop he popped the front tire luckily I was pulling into a rest area that was next to the section it was in. He checked out of the section replaced the tire and before he left he mentioned he was upset as he rode 11 miles with out pushing it in fear of damaging the rim. I told to stay positive as he was still holding his own. At that point I had no clue but wanted him to stay positive as this was a challenging course. His friend Kate and I were lucky enough to find a late check on our way back to the start area. We waited there until he showed up and check in. He pulled up to us after the check and wouldn't you know it another front flat. Both tires were run @ 13 psi and they did not hold up. I should of changed out the tubes to Bibs like I run in his KTM Hare Scramble Bikes. I will replace the tube with a bib now. I felt pretty bummed when he came limping into the second to last check. I asked how far back did it happen and he said only a few miles. I told him to run it to the end as he only had the grass track section to finish the event. I also told him he could still possibly get some needed points and not to give up. He pushed the bike as hard as he could in the grass track and did very well keeping it upright. When the dust settled he was able to maintain 1st place in A light and I believe around 10th overall. He was very surprised at the results as he was thinking it was a total loss. They top finishers received a cool Etched Beer Mug as the trophy although he still has a few years before he can enjoy a frosty bud...So I told him I would be willing to test it out for him. All in All we were able to have another blessed weekend with our family and friends.
Thanks
bmrev01

Re: NETRA King Philips Enduro 06/07/15

Postby flybars » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:43 am

He's a lucky kid to have a dad like you. Good going guys!
'14 300rr
flybars

Re: NETRA King Philips Enduro 06/07/15

Postby bmrev01 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Thank You!! I am also very lucky to have 2 great kids .... :D
bmrev01

Return to Ride Reports