2018 125 RR first day report .

Tell us all the gorey details!

2018 125 RR first day report .

Postby Dirt Dud » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:33 pm

So here is why this bike is so important to me . I just turned 60 and spent the last 3 years sick and then they diagnosed me with Parkinsons . I have been riding trials the last year or so and at 6'2' 145 pounds I wanted the lightest bike out there to give enduro riding one last chance . That is how I ended up with this bike and I am not new to buying bikes . So I went out with a scale and weighed bikes that would meet my needs . First off this is by far the best looking 125 made today her name is Aurora and she is one hot Italian . This bike weighed in at 213 without protection and gas I have not weighed my new http://www.afterhourscycle.com bike . Steve still has it posted if you want to see it since I do not know how to post pictures .

So now for my report We went to RAC that is a open to the public Pa riding area rocky single track is an understatement . First off Steve did something to the forks and shock never had a fall due to them . The engine and clutch worked together really nice no squeeks or grones lots of wheelys and leaping from rock to rock was just plain fun . Going through the trees was like nothing I have ever ridden so light and really quick first second and third with a lot of clutch . Uphills were something that were not what I expected when I get my clutch skills to work with the engine I will really be impressed . I found that I was going up hills a lot faster than on my past bikes 200cc and 300cc I was really enjoying climbing hills also . The bike was an A+ overall different than anything I have ever owned . What will be changed ? The shifter was to low for my fat Tech 8s , I would lower the pegs and raise the seat and get some aftermarket pegs ,maybe a steering dampner but the suspension worked great .
Now I must that Beta for building this bike , to Steve Beane for putting it together and getting her here so fast . Must of all All I look forward to riding Aurora my new Italian Beauty !
2018 125 RR
Dirt Dud

Re: 2018 125 RR first day report .

Postby BassMan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:35 pm

Best of luck and happy riding.
BassMan

Re: 2018 125 RR first day report .

Postby CAJW » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Enjoy that little Italian. Nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow so good on you for getting out and enjoying it. Hoping you have many riding days ahead and best of luck with your battle.
2014 520RS
CAJW

Return to Ride Reports