Racing "Success" on my Beta

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Racing "Success" on my Beta

Postby mrquick68 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Well, my lovely wife bought me this 2015 Beta 300RR Race edition for Christmas this past year and I think she didn't know what she was in for. I love this thing (as i've posted in other areas) which has caused me to ride it a lot more than I usually do! My riding has improved so much with this bike that I decided to start doing some racing. I am not short by any means (5'11"), but this bike just fits me so much better than my KTM or Berg ever did - which i think is mostly due to the seat height. Plus it appears i was born to ride 2-strokes. This bike just does what I ask of it and more. It lugs when i need it too, and then it absolutely shreds when on the pipe (passing people in a wheelie is an indescribable feeling!).

So back to the racing. Only entered two Hare Scrambles so far. I raced Vet C as I've never raced before - seemed a good place to start. First race I got 7th (got a flat) and then this past weekend I earned a 2nd place finish. Pretty stoked! I give this bike all the credit. I couldn't be having more fun. My dealer is awesome too, and the bike has run flawless. Props to my favorite mods so far too: Stillwell suspension, Tubliss, and the smart carb.

The Beta is just the bomb!

I'd post a pic, but it won't let me.
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Re: Racing "Success" on my Beta

Postby flybars » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:21 pm

Good for you! My 300rr is the best dirt bike I've ever owned too. I ride trails/singletrack and it's sooo smooth. Can't wait to get my suspension back from Stillwell.
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby mrquick68 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:23 pm

You are gonna love it. Alan knows what he's doing. We really stiffened up my springs and it rides way more plush than before but doesn't bottom. Bike was good before but now just straight cheating!
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Postby flybars » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:09 am

Same here. Heavier springs front and rear.
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby mrquick68 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:44 pm

a little update. Two more races on the books so far this year. got a 6th place (gold metal??) in the ISDE China Hat Enduro and another 2nd in our local Hare Scramble series in my class. I'd sure like to pull down a 1st place! I'll keep pushing. :P Still loving this bike. Was flatout next to newer yz250 yesterday in one of the straight aways and pulled him pretty good. I was surprised!
mrquick68

Postby twowheels » Mon May 16, 2016 9:44 pm

mrquick68 wrote: Was flatout next to newer yz250 yesterday in one of the straight aways and pulled him pretty good.

Fairly even I imagine until you clicked it up into sixth and waved good-bye :lol: :lol:
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Marty Moose » Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Great to see someone having a ball on their bike even Beta its a Beta :)
Marty Moose

Postby Yrocmoto » Tue May 17, 2016 10:47 pm

So that's great you love your beta and are doing good racing, BUUUT....How'd you get your wife to buy it for you!!! Now that's AMAZING!!!
Yrocmoto

Postby Marty Moose » Wed May 18, 2016 12:08 am

Yrocmoto wrote:So that's great you love your beta and are doing good racing, BUUUT....How'd you get your wife to buy it for you!!! Now that's AMAZING!!!

Ditto very lucky man been married 18 yrs my wife tolerates my bikes just. More so now my 15yrold son rides :)

MM
Marty Moose

Postby mrquick68 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:41 pm

I take good care of the wife, so she takes care of me. It's not to say we don't have our spats (you are going riding AGAIN!?), but she's very tolerant and understanding. Or perhaps she has a boyfriend on the side I don't know about (who probably likes art and drink wine at cafes')??? Hmmmm. :o
mrquick68

Next

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner