Racing "Success" on my Beta

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Re: Racing "Success" on my Beta

Postby mrquick68 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 pm

kropa wrote:Have you completed any more races Mrquick68? I'm enjoying following your racing season.

Sorry, just saw this! YES, wrapped up the season with a 3rd overall in Vet B, and that was with missing a race and one DNF. So, I only got points in 5 of 7 races and still got 3rd. I should've gotten 2nd, but they had to move a race to a weekend where I was in Hawaii with family.

Here's the results of the rest of the season:

Round 3: Another 4th place finish. Very frustrating. I'm more than fast enough, just not fit enough.
Round 4: really focused on fitness, and finally got on the podium and pulled a solid 2nd place in nasty conditions, my specialty!
Round 5: DNF'd. My 390 broke. Heart breaker. I was in 2nd and charging, had 1st in my sites. Went down super hard trying to not run over a lapper who'd crashed. Snapped of a fuel line inside my tank when the bike slapped the ground. was willing to push the bike over the line, but was 3 miles from the finish-line. :(
Round 6: 2nd again! Terrible start, but charged like a beast for 2.5 hours and never gave up. Went from last in my class of 8 to 2nd. Was really happy.
Round 7: Couldn't be there. Suffered in Hawaii. Managed to have a good attitude still though :lol:

All in all, a very good season considering my lack of fitness and lack of being able to practice much. This year got a new race bike coming, I've lost over 20lbs, and i'm taking my fitness to the next level. We'll see if it helps! I'll be 38 this spring, so I don't have a lot of years left to push super hard.
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Postby aj_mariner » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:26 pm

NMA off-road?
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby mrquick68 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:48 pm

NORCS series (Team Tortoise). Less races, but more competitive with higher attendance typically.
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Postby mrquick68 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:56 pm

I guess I'll keep this thread going! 2018 Season Recap!

Racing 2018 250RR RE, and 17 390RR RE. Stepped up and raced Expert and VET A this year.

ISDE in Oregon - 12th in 30 Expert (40+ racers), 39th OA I believe. Nice improvement from last year, Gold Metal finisher. Raced the 390RR. Crazy fast race. 70mph + in the woods. :shock: Eeeek! So fun!

NORCS Rnd 1: DNS - ended up having to travel on the same weekend, missed this race. Grrrr.
NORCS Rnd 2: 6th in VET A. Crazy rough course, didn't have the 250 dialed, sprained my ankle. Not impressed with myself. Fast enough to win Vet B though, so improving over last year. Didn't have fun at all. Considered retiring from racing (i'm getting close to 40).
NORCS Rnd 3: Washugal. 6th again, but had a blast. Yeah!!! i like racing again! Raced the 390, good choice, lots of GP and MX sections. Not impressed with my finish, but came away with a big smile on my face :D
NORCS Rnd 4: 3rd in VET A, lifelong goal achieved - podium finish in an A class event. Raced super hard, road well, crazy hot and dusty, but dug deep. Happy :)
NORCS Rnd 5: Podium again, 3rd! Mudder, raced the 250. Really felt good on the bike, even after a crappy first lap. Charged hard at the end and made a bunch of passes to get back to 3rd.
NORCS Rnd 6: Podium again, 3rd! Extremely rough in parts, nice in others. Terrible first lap (i see a pattern here!), but started making passes and kept up my speed.

Ended up 3rd in points and on the podium in championship series points, only 2 points out of 2nd, and i missed a race!!! Very happy with my season results. Will be racing VET A again next year, with a goal of being 20 lbs lighter and trained up. We ended up moving homes right as the season began, and it ruined my fitness and training. No excuses next year! I'll be back racing for Frank's Motorbikes on my 18 250RR and a new tricked out BYOB 19 390RR RE next year! :D Super huge thanks to our sponsors!!!! Rynopower, Twin Air, Leatt, Franks, Slick, Matrix Concepts, Ogio, Acerbis, and Fly Racing. My girls kicked major butt too, with my 9 year old winning the girls 14 and Under class champoinship and winning half the races, and my 6 year old girl racing a whole season, and getting 7th OA, placing top 5 a few times in 8 and under boys/girls class. Proud dad!!!
mrquick68

Postby OscarFox » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:57 pm

mrquick68 wrote:I guess I'll keep this thread going! 2018 Season Recap!

Racing 2018 250RR RE, and 17 390RR RE. Stepped up and raced Expert and VET A this year.

ISDE in Oregon - 12th in 30 Expert (40+ racers), 39th OA I believe. Nice improvement from last year, Gold Metal finisher. Raced the 390RR. Crazy fast race. 70mph + in the woods. :shock: Eeeek! So fun!

NORCS Rnd 1: DNS - ended up having to travel on the same weekend, missed this race. Grrrr.
NORCS Rnd 2: 6th in VET A. Crazy rough course, didn't have the 250 dialed, sprained my ankle. Not impressed with myself. Fast enough to win Vet B though, so improving over last year. Didn't have fun at all. Considered retiring from racing (i'm getting close to 40).
NORCS Rnd 3: Washugal. 6th again, but had a blast. Yeah!!! i like racing again! Raced the 390, good choice, lots of GP and MX sections. Not impressed with my finish, but came away with a big smile on my face :D
NORCS Rnd 4: 3rd in VET A, lifelong goal achieved - podium finish in an A class event. Raced super hard, road well, crazy hot and dusty, but dug deep. Happy :)
NORCS Rnd 5: Podium again, 3rd! Mudder, raced the 250. Really felt good on the bike, even after a crappy first lap. Charged hard at the end and made a bunch of passes to get back to 3rd.
NORCS Rnd 6: Podium again, 3rd! Extremely rough in parts, nice in others. Terrible first lap (i see a pattern here!), but started making passes and kept up my speed.

Ended up 3rd in points and on the podium in championship series points, only 2 points out of 2nd, and i missed a race!!! Very happy with my season results. Will be racing VET A again next year, with a goal of being 20 lbs lighter and trained up. We ended up moving homes right as the season began, and it ruined my fitness and training. No excuses next year! I'll be back racing for Frank's Motorbikes on my 18 250RR and a new tricked out BYOB 19 390RR RE next year! :D Super huge thanks to our sponsors!!!! Rynopower, Twin Air, Leatt, Franks, Slick, Matrix Concepts, Ogio, Acerbis, and Fly Racing. My girls kicked major butt too, with my 9 year old winning the girls 14 and Under class champoinship and winning half the races, and my 6 year old girl racing a whole season, and getting 7th OA, placing top 5 a few times in 8 and under boys/girls class. Proud dad!!!

So cool, got the whole fam involved too!
'15 250RR Race
'18 390RR Race
OscarFox

Postby Johnny Depp » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:04 am

Great job on the season, congratulations! Thanks for the recap.
Johnny Depp

Postby mrquick68 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:07 am

Thank you!
mrquick68

Previous

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner