Hare Scrambles Poll - How Long Do You Race?

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Hare Scrambles Poll - How Long Do You Race?

Postby twowheels » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:55 pm

I'm trying to figure out where the AMA D14 (Michigan) hare scrambles series fits relative to others here in the States, and those around the world. Currently we have both 2 and three hour races, with an expert class in the 2 hrs (along with younger riders and novices) and 3hrs for teams, our master's (premier) class, the A and B open, and old guys classes.

Tell me what series you run and how long in time or mileage your events usually run. Added bonus for how many races in the series.

Thanks
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Re: Hare Scrambles Poll - How Long Do You Race?

Postby Enmerdeur » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:23 pm

I race the USRA (Utah Sportsman Racing Association) series out here in Utah. It is desert racing. Most are in Utah but they have 2 in Nevada and sometimes one in Arizona. Usually 12 races in the series running from Feb-Nov with a small break in the heat of the summer. One of them, Cherry Creek, is actually part of the AMA national hare and hound series. That one is at least 100 miles. Most of the others are around 65 miles on average. Lately they have been running some of them as quasi enduro format to help alleviate some of the land issues we have surrounding these races.

Link to our page

http://www.usraracing.org/

Here is some video from our last race on Saturday. We had had some rain so conditions were epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQQN1VGZ_2w
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby GMP » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:50 am

I race ECEA harescrambles. 13 races in our series including one national on very diverse terrain from sand to rocks. Events are a weekend thing, kids/youth on Sat, adults on Sun. Sun AM race is C riders, specialty classes, Masters(60-70yrs), and B Super Senior(50-60 yrs) for 1.5 hrs plus one lap. Afternoon race is all other AA/A/B classes for 2 hrs plus one lap. Courses are 6 - 9 miles. Turnout is big and its a very competitive series in all classes. This is just ECEA. There are other series/races as well and you could race just about every weekend in season if you want to. Not bad for the home of the Sopranos. :D
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Hammer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:36 am

http://www.offroadontario.ca/docs/2014scheduleedit.pdf

This is the OO series. Pros and expert 2 1/2 hrs the rest of the adults run 2 hrs. Split morning and afternoon. Courses range from 8km to 26km.
We also have the World Enduro Canada (WEC). It is more open terrain using Mx tracks as a large part of the course.
http://www.worldendurocanada.com
Hammer

Postby BassMan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:44 pm

IXCR (Indiana cross country racing) and MWXC(Midwest cross country) each series has about 10 + races. Generally 1.5hrs plus a lap. Also an AMA series MAXC(mid america cross country). The independent Indiana and Midwest are very well attended with lots of competition. GNCC guys are usually quite shocked with how gnarley many of the courses are.
BassMan

Postby T.Read » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Down here it's MSXC(Mid South Cross Country). 10 rounds, just started last month. 2hr races and pretty sure it's the same for everyone. I've only done one and it didn't go so well, but I just wanted to see how it was. I was riding my old XR I used to have and the course beat me to death. Was planning on trying to do some this winter, but I've missed the first two and probably won't go to the next two either. The one after those is near my house though.
2014 250RR Racing
T.Read

Postby masta-BETA » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:51 am

Hey there, I have entered the Ironman class in the Morley Honda 6 hour enduro on the 9th of November, have a three and a half hour drive to get to the event, will be interesting as I know I can ride for five hours so that last hour will be tough. I don't really get the chance to race very often as I work a lot of weekends with an 8 day week 4 on 4 off night shifts. Cheers Richard
masta-BETA

Postby Enmerdeur » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:50 am

masta-BETA wrote:Hey there, I have entered the Ironman class in the Morley Honda 6 hour enduro on the 9th of November, have a three and a half hour drive to get to the event, will be interesting as I know I can ride for five hours so that last hour will be tough. I don't really get the chance to race very often as I work a lot of weekends with an 8 day week 4 on 4 off night shifts. Cheers Richard

Good luck Richard. It is kind of like a marathon. Anyone can do the 26 miles its the .2 they tack on at the end that makes it a challenge ;)
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby Hyde » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:16 am

D23 Hare Scrambles C class one hour and AA,A,B two hours, C's start at noon, A's & B's at 2:00 .

Our club puts on a few district races year, we generally shoot for a 30 minute lap or less for the AA, A & B but most of the time will cut out a loop to shorten the C course in order to be able to sweep the course before the next race, the peeps in the C class for for the most part beginners and two laps seems like plenty for there ability, and still not discourage them from hitting more races.

A few years ago when attendance was declining we made up a class to get racers from other venues to try an off road race, the "X" class, $ 10 entry, have never raced a hare scramble before, start on the last row of the C race (1 hour), no awards are given and you can only race it once, we've had as few as four X rider and as many as fifteen at a few races, a good share of them switched to off road.
23' 430RE
23' 250RE
21' 350RE
20', 200rr, gone
20', 250rr, Ye-haw !
18', 250rr,gone
18' 125rr, KYB forks, gone
16' 250rr, KYB forks-sold
15' 250rr RE-sold
14' 450rr, gone
14' 250rr-sold
14' 450rr KYB forks.
Hyde

Postby thumperrider1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:39 pm

VCHSS here in VA. Awesome series with killer courses. 1.5 hrs for the AM race (C class, Masters, Women) and 2 hrs for the main.

There is a "trailrider class" that starts at the back in the AM for non points and then a similar "sportsman" for the main.

And some really fast riders here. Brad Bakken,Stephen Edmondson, Jason Greer, Robbie Norwood, Ashley Copeland (GasGas) and Sarah Baldwin (ISDE).

Come up/down for a race sometime.
2014 250RR Racing - Sold
thumperrider1

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner