MSXC Vanleer, TN

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

MSXC Vanleer, TN

Postby T.Read » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:41 am

Did my first hare scramble on the Beta this weekend.

Went pretty well, I met my goal of finishing without crashing too much. My only real crash was looping out on a weird hill because I didn't get enough momentum. I wasn't trying to light the world on fire, I was running in Vet C. For some reason they scored me with the Beginner class so I don't know how I did in the Vet C class.

Trail was pretty rough, lots of roots and big potholes. Luckily wasn't really sloppy even though we had 2 days of rain before Sunday. My friend told me that place was terrible after rain, or while it was raining, so he decided against going and went to do a trials down the Training Center instead. The condition of the trail otherwise was perfect. Had no issue with traction at all. And I have semi worn Vee Rubber Tackee takeoffs from another guy.

They call this place Hazzard Hill because there's a kinda big hill in the middle. It wasn't that bad at all though. The face of it was smooth and there was plenty of run up to it. Think it just intimidates some people. They had a "wussy" route next to it which I took on the first lap because there was a line of dudes waiting for their turn to take the Hazzard. This was the hill I looped on.

I managed to complete 3 laps which is 2 better than the last time I tried to do one of these races. The last time I was on my old '95 XR250 because the carb intake boot on the Husky I used to have was separating and I didn't notice until the day before the race. I wanted to give it a shot anyway, so I took the tractor out. The trail was similar to Hazzard Hill and I got beat to death. Did one lap and was so wore out, I pulled off.

Next race is in January down in Cullman, AL. It's at a ORV park I've been to before, so I'm going to try and make it down there. See if I can actually get scored in the class I sign up for this time. I'm guessing I was about mid pack in the C class, I was trying to stay smooth and not over ride the bike. Just wanted to see how it all went and see how I held out for a 2hr race. I also didn't want to hurt myself! :D The only thing I hurt during this race was I bumped my knee, which has a nasty cut on it from a crash the weekend before, on a tree after pulling over to get out of the way for a faster guy.
2014 250RR Racing
T.Read

Re: MSXC Vanleer, TN

Postby twowheels » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:55 am

Good on you!
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner