FYI: Force Skid Plate/Pipe Guard price

Announce Beta products & services here - Vendors Welcome...

Re: FYI: Force Skid Plate/Pipe Guard price

Postby BoogieMan84 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:58 pm

I hate to revive an ancient thread like this but I'm very interested in purchasing the updated version of the Force Skid/Pipe Guard. Thanks to the info in this thread I sent an email inquiry to the Beta Australia Sales team as of yesterday morning. I have yet to hear back or receive any kind of response, I've been checking my spam folder as well. Does anybody know another way of getting in contact with the right people to give me a price with shipping and get the part ordered? Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2016 300 RR
92 KDX 200 w/240 kit
BoogieMan84

Postby bikesparky » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:41 pm

BoogieMan84 wrote:I hate to revive an ancient thread like this but I'm very interested in purchasing the updated version of the Force Skid/Pipe Guard. Thanks to the info in this thread I sent an email inquiry to the Beta Australia Sales team as of yesterday morning. I have yet to hear back or receive any kind of response, I've been checking my spam folder as well. Does anybody know another way of getting in contact with the right people to give me a price with shipping and get the part ordered? Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Gary at Beta Australia used to be readily available for inquiries by phone and email.
Recently not much gets answered... Sad to see the effort for supplying customer service is already out the door.

I have a phone number and can always try to call. Normally my dealer gets hold of him reasonable quick.
Happy to help, pm me if needed.
bikesparky

Postby BoogieMan84 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:54 pm

bikesparky wrote:
BoogieMan84 wrote:I hate to revive an ancient thread like this but I'm very interested in purchasing the updated version of the Force Skid/Pipe Guard. Thanks to the info in this thread I sent an email inquiry to the Beta Australia Sales team as of yesterday morning. I have yet to hear back or receive any kind of response, I've been checking my spam folder as well. Does anybody know another way of getting in contact with the right people to give me a price with shipping and get the part ordered? Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Gary at Beta Australia used to be readily available for inquiries by phone and email.
Recently not much gets answered... Sad to see the effort for supplying customer service is already out the door.

I have a phone number and can always try to call. Normally my dealer gets hold of him reasonable quick.
Happy to help, pm me if needed.

Thanks very much bikesparky. PM inbound.
2016 300 RR
92 KDX 200 w/240 kit
BoogieMan84

Postby betajuice » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:47 pm

bikesparky wrote:Gary at Beta Australia used to be readily available for inquiries by phone and email.
Recently not much gets answered... Sad to see the effort for supplying customer service is already out the door....

it's a bit of a two edged sword i think. far as i know gary is still running the national distribution of betas and handling all the aftermarket parts single handed, and he keeps his margins on everything very low as as result. i do know this means replies take a while sometimes... but i know if and when he puts on admin staff we'll see prices having to go up accordingly.
betajuice

Postby bikesparky » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:05 am

betajuice wrote:
bikesparky wrote:Gary at Beta Australia used to be readily available for inquiries by phone and email.
Recently not much gets answered... Sad to see the effort for supplying customer service is already out the door....

it's a bit of a two edged sword i think. far as i know gary is still running the national distribution of betas and handling all the aftermarket parts single handed, and he keeps his margins on everything very low as as result. i do know this means replies take a while sometimes... but i know if and when he puts on admin staff we'll see prices having to go up accordingly.

On this one I have to disagree Barry! A lot of people are "scared" of the smaller brands like Beta due to the fear of not being able to get parts or service when needed. So far Beta Australia has done a great job knocking that rumour on the head with fast parts delivery and quick response when needed, as soon as that goes out of the door sales will drop. There is also only so much one man can do efficiently without making errors and loosing his sanity.
bikesparky

Postby BoogieMan84 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:18 am

Just as an update for anybody looking for recent information on purchasing a Force Plate in the US. I was able to get a response both from Force Accessories directly and Beta Australia. I have no idea if the e-mail from Beta Australia was Gary or not since it was signed "Beta Team", it was a very nice and well written e-mail though. My contact with Force was through Facebook Messenger. Both took about 2-2.5 business days which is understandable I can gather from smaller companies that are most likely really busy and understaffed. Long story short, Beta Australia's price was 383 AUD shipped, Force's is 332.68 AUD for the same product. Beta charging 80 AUD for shipping and 60 AUD from Force. Beta is 299 AUD for the guard and Force quoted me 272 AUD. Looks like dealing directly with Force is the way to go in the US or even in Australia. With the current exchange rate that translates to $245 shipped from Force and $283 shipped from Beta. After looking further into the skid plate/pipe guard combo that Duel Gravity from Poland offers I believe that's the one I'm more interested in. I have an e-mail, FB message and post on their wall out to their attention since Wednesday night and have no response from any at the moment. I'll most likely give it until middle of next week before I give up and just go with the Force. Hope this info helps someone out there. Thanks bikesparky and Betajuice for the help, i wouldn't know about either option without you two.
2016 300 RR
92 KDX 200 w/240 kit
BoogieMan84

Postby Kaos » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:43 pm

Fwiw the duel Gravity is 250 US and 75 shipping . It's purchased through a distributor carapaks .
Kaos

Postby BoogieMan84 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:26 am

Kaos wrote:Fwiw the duel Gravity is 250 US and 75 shipping . It's purchased through a distributor carapaks .

Thanks for the heads up, I contacted Carapaks and they responded with the same price you told me. I'll definitely be purchasing one of their guards when I'm ready.
2016 300 RR
92 KDX 200 w/240 kit
BoogieMan84

Postby thebob_za » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:13 am

My Duel Gravity is ordered an paid for. Will give an update when I have it
thebob_za

Previous

Return to Product Announcements