OX-Brake, Left Hand Rear Brake

Announce Beta products & services here - Vendors Welcome...

Re: OX-Brake, Left Hand Rear Brake

Postby Jebster » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:37 pm

I have the Ox Brake on my current bike - '07 KTM 300. After several local rides, two races, and a 4-day weekend at Hatfield & McCoy I must say it's a keeper.

When my '17 300rr arrives in August one of my first mods will be Rekluse and besides the obvious reasons for the Rekluse one factor is being able to use a LHRB. I read a lot of how folks use the Ox-Brake on steep downhills and in circumstances where the rear brake pedal is hard to get to or use, and it's all of that, but frankly I've learned to use it all of the time. I'm able to maintain my preferred foot position on the pegs (balls of feet) much more often and I can take right hand turns a little more aggressively.

It does take a little time to get the adjustment down if you want to be able get the rear wheel to lock up. You want no more than 5/8" travel on your rear brake peda, at least on the KTM, l but at the same time you need to maintain a smidge of freeplay (or you end up with locked up brakes, don't ask me how I know that!). So keeping the brakes adjusted properly is important to get the full use of this thing. Additionally, I don't have Superman's grip so for me it's a two-finger operation but you get used to it with practice.

A great add-on!
'17 300rr
Jebster

Postby Bob K » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:42 am

I've had the OxBrake on my KTM's for a few years. Just picked up Beta and will have it on the next time I ride. Great simple product. In the rocs or going downhill I can keep my feet on the pegs and use the OxBrake with two fingers.

I've dropped the bike more than once (I can't count that high) and have never broken anything on the OxBrake.

Bob K.
Bob K

Postby Dexterharv » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am

Has anybody mounted the ox-brake with an aftermarket clevis?

Purchased one of eBay that took out the slack in the factory one, It has a slightly oversized pin.

Does the ox-brake utilise the pin or does it wrap around the lever... or could the hole in the ox-brake be drilled slightly to fit the pin?

Cheers
Dexterharv

Previous

Return to Product Announcements