2017 Beta Product Intro

Announce Beta products & services here - Vendors Welcome...

Re: 2017 Beta Product Intro

Postby dirtbird » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:21 am

RR MY 2017 Beta presents its new Enduro 2017 range
After a greatly successful 2016 season in both sales and racing, Beta returns in 2017 with their Enduro range that continues the forward progress of the brand through refinements in features and quality. The 2016 season has seen Beta achieve their firsts-ever overall victories in the World Enduro Championship in Portugal and Sweden with racer Steve Holcombe along with many other victories from Johnny Aubert and Alex Salvini, both at the World and National level.
Beta continues to take the information they have learned from their race team as well as information from the everyday casual rider and combined the two to further enhance the riding experience. The 2017 RR models continue to offer an “easy to ride” philosophy while also providing the rider with a stable and distinct design along with the quality one expects from the brand.
The 2017 models, available in 250 and 300 cc. for 2T and 350/390/430/480 cc. for 4T, are a direct evolution of the 2016 version and retain their most successful features.
A number of features have been tweaked on all the models of the range and some of them come directly from experience at top competitive levels. The chassis, with the well-tested chrome-moly steel frame with double split cradle has the following new features:
• Sachs fork: increased 5mm in length to provide longer travel. Liqui Moly oil has been installed to reduce heat build up and friction in the fork. • Sachs rear shock: new high/low speed adjustment system, now more accurate and independent from each other. This allows the rider to make more fine adjustments based on his or her riding style and needs. • Triple clamps: new design that is lighter and offers more rigidity. • Silver rims with black spokes: supplied by Excel, these new wheels are lighter and give the new bike a distinctive look. • Digital meter: new design, along with the timer, kilometre/mph indicator with more adjustment features including instant speed, average and maximum speeds as well as the ability to adjust mileage in smaller increments. Also new for 2017 is a built in battery voltage reading. • New fuel cap: has built-in breather valve • New graphics

A fine development was carried out also on the engines, which also thanks to the contribution of the Beta Factory Team riders – Steve Holcombe and Johnny Aubert for 2T and Alex Salvini for 4T – have led to the introduction of important new features.
For the 250 and 300 2T, introduced in 2016, the automatic oil injection system continues: as well as ensuring a perfect fuel-oil mix under any condition, it eliminates the trouble of having to premix the oil and fuel and eliminating the need to carry oil with you in the event of a fuel top up. Both propulsion systems are in line with the Euro4 European regulation – for units made in the second half of the year – and have a control unit designed for a CAN connection to interact with generic diagnosis instruments.
Electronic Fuel Injection continues on all 4T models including 350, 390, 430 and 480. Thanks to its great reliability, easy control and outstanding throttle response, it has generated great positive feedback from end users. The system continues to be refined by the Beta team of engineers along with Synerject. The 42mm throttle body provides the optimum performance without the “hard hit” most current EFI off road motorcycles suffer from.
The following are introduced on all displacements, already in line with the Euro4 European regulation:
 camshafts – the new lift profiles radically change the core of 4T engines, making them even easier to ride, whilst retaining their top performance.  valve springs – which, combined with the camshafts, are used to considerably improve performance of the engine at the bottom end of the power delivery and also reducing the engine braking.
Once again, the control unit is designed for a CAN connection to interact with generic diagnosis instruments.

'10 RR450, '11 RR450, '12 RR498, '13 RR300, '13 RR300 Racing, '14 RR250/300 Racing - all gone
'17 RR300
dirtbird

Postby twowheels » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:16 am

Without the pretty pictures, here's a synopsis, and based only on what is on-line:

* longer fork with new factory oil (expect damping changes as well)
* new hi/lo speed compression adjuster on shock (as proto'd by BetaUSA racing team)
* new triple clamps
* new meter with built-in voltage meter
* two-stage mapping switches on all standard RRs
* new silver Excel rims (no more tire-changing scars!) and black spokes, supposedly lighter, on the RRs
* diagnostic port on 2Ts
* new valve springs and cam profiles on the 4Ts
* all 4Ts will be street legal out of the crate, and will be called RR-s (these come with the Trail Tech Voyager)
* oh, and new graphics for the RRs and XTrainers
* a brand-new liquid cooled street-legal 125 4T (with an Italian motor)

Enduro21 threw in that pricing on the RRs would remain the same - that may be true in the rest of the world but US pricing is up about $200
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby GMP » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:22 pm

I really don't get the longer fork. Longer shock yes. 5mm longer fork is just 5mm more that gets pushed up over the clamp.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Clearvu1 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:28 pm

GMP wrote:I really don't get the longer fork. Longer shock yes. 5mm longer fork is just 5mm more that gets pushed up over the clamp.

Kinda what I thought too.....
Clearvu1

Postby Hammer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:36 pm

GMP wrote:I really don't get the longer fork. Longer shock yes. 5mm longer fork is just 5mm more that gets pushed up over the clamp.

+1
I have a longer shock on my 13 and now I have found what I was looking for!
Hammer

Postby GMP » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:01 pm

May be the next project. The bike needs more weight up front, period. Most of the time things are fine. When traction gets challenging there is just no buffer there and it hurts confidence. I'm running a SHORTER KYB fork to the first line, 100mm out back. After analyzing a 60fps video of myself riding I just threw away the shock valving and started from scratch, BIG improvement in initial travel management. Even so, went down hard today twice when I really shouldn't have. My kid just rode his KX like any other nice dry day.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby dirtbird » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:48 am

I have used briefly in the past (on my 2013 Racing 300) the connecting link from the Cross Country 2012 RR.
It lifted the rear and gave a plusher initial stroke, however I didn't tested enough 'cause I sold the bike. I still have the link and may give it a go again.

Another think that I am tempted to try with my FOX RC3 shock. On the oil side (just before the sealhead), it has a spacer 2.54mm thick.
If I remove it, I will increase equally shock's travell. This would also increase rear wheel travel about 8mm (and lift the rear as well).
Not a big change, but certainly one that can be felt......

edit: corrected my numbers
Last edited by dirtbird on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
'10 RR450, '11 RR450, '12 RR498, '13 RR300, '13 RR300 Racing, '14 RR250/300 Racing - all gone
'17 RR300
dirtbird

Postby GMP » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:13 am

I'm thinking about shimming the clevis on the shaft if it's possible. Have you had the clevis off, and if so how does it seat? Shoulder or end in the bore?
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby dirtbird » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:33 am

GMP wrote:I'm thinking about shimming the clevis on the shaft if it's possible. Have you had the clevis off, and if so how does it seat? Shoulder or end in the bore?

No I haven't and I am not looking into that. If you go this way you may have to compensate dor the rebound needle as well.
Another way may be possible is to change the thickness of the disc that sits below the the compression shim stack.
It may be possible to gain 3-5 mm from there.....
'17 RR300
dirtbird

Postby GMP » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:46 am

dirtbird wrote:
GMP wrote:I'm thinking about shimming the clevis on the shaft if it's possible. Have you had the clevis off, and if so how does it seat? Shoulder or end in the bore?

No I haven't and I am not looking into that. If you go this way you may have to compensate dor the rebound needle as well.
Another way may be possible is to change the thickness of the disc that sits below the the compression shim stack.
It may be possible to gain 3-5 mm from there.....

From what I remember it appeared that spacer is swaged on the shaft. Also only about 3mm thick. Rebound needle issue would be no problem, just add small spacer. Might not even be needed if adjuster has enough range CW.

I guess this is getting too off topic and should be in suspension forum.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

PreviousNext

Return to Product Announcements