Oil tank removed

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Oil tank removed

Postby boscoe » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Removed the oil tank on my X-trainer today, here's what the hole in the airbox looks like. It's kind of a big hole, I thought I could maybe put a piece of sheet metal in there to close it up a bit. Not in a hurry though, the wet season is coming to an end.
Attachments
Air Box 2 (3).jpg
Air Box 2 (3).jpg (427.31 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
Air Box 1 (2).jpg
Air Box 1 (2).jpg (467.75 KiB) Viewed 5576 times
boscoe

Re: Oil tank removed

Postby boscoe » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:38 pm

whoa those pics came out huge, sorry not good at this. click on picture and can see the whole thing.
boscoe

Postby rdsrf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:18 am

Hey Boscoe,

I also removed my oil injection and am a little concerned about the big gap in the airbox that removing the oil tank leaves. I recently went through a large mud puddle and it seemed like the XT really didn't like it as it wasn't running well by the time I got to the end of the puddle. This puddle wasn't all that deep by my standards either...I don't think it would have phased my KTM 200 at all.

As you know riding out here on Oahu, there are times when you just can't avoid that deep river crossing or mud puddle depending on where and who you choose to ride with! So did you wind up doing anything to make the airbox more water resistant or mod the drain at all?

Trying to get some ideas on how I might mod the airbox. I sent you a PM also. Just disregard if you respond here.
rdsrf

Postby silver_fox » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Is it just the picture or is your air boot full of dirt?
silver_fox

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke