300RX in the woods?

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

300RX in the woods?

Postby redrider » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:11 am

Anyone use a 300RX in the woods for harescramble or GP?
redrider

Re: 300RX in the woods?

Postby 3SeasRecreation » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:34 am

Good Morning,

We had a 2021 Beta 300 RX at our dealership and I rode it for 3 months as we had sold every other bike in the showroom... The power is very aggressive and the suspension is much stiffer.. I would recommend searching for the standard Beta 300 RR or if you are an aggressive woods rider to look for the Beta Race Edition 300. I was able to ride and enjoy the bike as we have an MX track at the house and I don't mind a stiffer bike in the woods.. But after racing it in the hare scrambles it absolutely takes more energy to ride!

Here is a short video of me talking about the 300 RX during one of our ride days, hope it helps a bit!:
https://youtu.be/E3PGlXFtU-s

Thanks,
Jared A.
3 Seas Recreation
http://www.3SeasRecreation.com
http://www.facebook.com/3SeasRecreation
3SeasRecreation

Postby redrider » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:02 pm

Thanks for input.

Being the RX is ~1000 less than the 300 Race and has less wiring & lights etc. to deal with, I was interested in putting an 18" wheel on with my woods suspension (Ohlins/Fox). If tweaking the power valve could calm it down enough for the woods it'd be like buying a KTM XC I suppose.

If anyone has had any success on one of these in the woods please chime in. Thanks!
redrider

Postby jaysktms » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:02 pm

22 RX 300 with factory mod suspension been riding as a single track bike all year. Love the setup and they are right very strong motor for sure, and a 18" wheel is next on my plans.
jaysktms

Postby Anders » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:04 am

3SeasRecreation wrote:I would recommend searching for the standard Beta 300 RR or if you are an aggressive woods rider to look for the Beta Race Edition 300.

Sorry for hijacking the old thread, but how does a RE bike suit an agressive rider better? I am not agressive at all, I'm old and slow. But I figured a RE bike could be a good choice nonetheless, as I presume the Kyb components are of better quality than Sachs. Suspension has to be tuned to suit my speed / style / ability in any case, I thought perhaps it would be easier with the Kybs, as they are more widely known amongst the suspension tuners of the world?

Are there engine / other differences between the RR and RE making the RE a bad choice for me, not being agressive in the woods? :?
I have to add that I am considering 200 RR or RE, not the 300.
Anders

2015 GG EC200 Racing
2006 GG EC200
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Anders

Postby wwguy » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:02 am

Anders wrote:Sorry for hijacking the old thread, but how does a RE bike suit an agressive rider better?

The primary cost difference in the more expensive RR Race Edition (RE) is due to the competition-oriented suspension. The standard RR has Sachs open chamber forks, which provide a more plush ride in typical enduro/trail riding. The RR comes with KYB closed-cartridge forks that are similar to the well-known Yamaha SSS competition forks. These CC forks tackle high speed whoops and square edges much better that the Sachs OC forks, but tend to be harsher in the slower technical and woods terrain where the OC forks typically shine.

The KYB CC forks can be custom tuned to soften them up a bit, but then you have to wonder if the less-expensive OC forks might do the job just as well in that scenario.

The RE bikes also come without oil injection installed, have more aggressive tires, an upgraded rear sprocket, and have some anodized bling bits like shift lever, brake pedal, and chain tensioner blocks etc. The engines and gear boxes are the same on both bikes.
wwguy

Postby jaysktms » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:13 pm

Well let me say that I am in the Master class and like the way the motor runs. I am not by any means the fastest most aggressive ride out there. The Sachs shocks is by no means and better than the KYB, it is just different. The forks like said is just well known to adjust.
jaysktms

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke