Another Rekluse Problem!

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Another Rekluse Problem!

Postby happy seal » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Ok guys, here's the deal!

Took my core EXP out of my 2010 520RR and installing it in my 300RR factory. First problem. I ran into was the stock clutch basket nut can not be used as instructed in the manual. Oh, by the way. The parts are interchangeable per Rekluse with the addition of three springs and the outer cover. Second problem, I can not for the life of me get any free play gain! I set it to 1.5 ( 1 full turn and 5 ticks to start). And no free play. So. I figure I will go through the break in again. Still no free play gain. Take off cover and wait 20 minutes like manual says. I reset to 1.2 and still no free play gain. I adjusted clutch lever free play. The bike runs like a raped ape but no free play gain. Idles good, takes off excellent, all feels just like old bike but the free play gain. Two calls into Rekluse and an email and no return! Not happy with them right now because of their instructions are wrong and cost me the weekend and 60 bucks in overnight charges - bullcrap!

Any ideas?

Proper frictions
Proper drives
Proper throw out and washers

Now keep in mind!

Doing this transfer does not require the adjustable slave cylinder which I do not have! You adjust the pressure plate in the basket with the center adjuster!

Help! PLEASE!
Be carefull, think first!

Join the NRA!
happy seal

Re: Another Rekluse Problem!

Postby Hyde » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:36 am

I thought the adjustable slave was ingenious, why would you not use it, just for the option to bump start your bike in a pinch is worth it.
23' 430RE
23' 250RE
21' 350RE
20', 200rr, gone
20', 250rr, Ye-haw !
18', 250rr,gone
18' 125rr, KYB forks, gone
16' 250rr, KYB forks-sold
15' 250rr RE-sold
14' 450rr, gone
14' 250rr-sold
14' 450rr KYB forks.
Hyde

Postby happy seal » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Hyde wrote:I thought the adjustable slave was ingenious, why would you not use it, just for the option to bump start your bike in a pinch is worth it.

It is a good invention but it is not needed. The center adjuster works exactly the way! Good post! Helped me a lot!

Join the NRA!
happy seal

Postby happy seal » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Since no one has any info on this I will tell you what I found through lots of time spent.

I called Rekluse and asked if my 520 Core EXP 3.0 would transfer into my new 300RR! Yes it will but you need to buy three springs and a different outer cover. "i would like to purchase those items please and a hoodie" I said. Ordered parts and waited for new bike, fast forward.

Two weeks ago I emailed Rekluse and asked for instructions for the 300RR. They were sent. I followed them perfectly, which led me to my problem. The clutch basket nut needs to be a larger diameter to make a surface for the adjuster to glide on instead of ripping itself apart. The instructions are wrong when not using the 200 dollar adjustable slave.

I called Rekluse last Friday and they were so swamped the receptionist was taking phone numbers. She took mine but no one called me back. I sent an email with pictures showing what I found and the instructions problem. No one got back to me.

Now a week later I am furious and want some help and want to get the bike back. I am very busy and can't get to talk to them throughout the week so I called tonight and explained my problem to a new person named Joe. I was very polite and he was as well. I explained my problem and he fully understood and realized there was a fault in the instructions for people that were swapping over the system.

He offered two solutions. Send me the slave kit overnight for a Saturday delivery or the new center adjuster to replace the one I overnighted last week. I obviously took the slave kit. I was tapped out money wise when. I bought the pieces for the conversion so I passed on the slave. Problem solved by a superior gentleman at a great company. Rekluse has my business for life!

Join the NRA!
happy seal

Postby Montesa » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:25 pm

I only talk to Joe, he's by far and away the most helpful.
Montesa

Postby katoom400 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:13 pm

let us know how you like it, I love mine in my 300, but at times I think it "tamed" it just a bit too much...which is ok because it keeps me out of trouble, but now and then I would like a little more "snap"

it hard to remember what it was like with the standard clutch since I only rode it once that way...but I think I remember it hitting and pulling a little harder, don't know what else I could check inside, free play gain is perfect and clutch performs as it should...it just feels a little "lazy" sometimes

also pv adjuster is even with the housing.
katoom400

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke