Oil Injection?!

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Oil Injection?!

Postby mcnut » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:47 am

Isn't that what we unhooked from our bikes in 1975?
mcnut

Re: Oil Injection?!

Postby bmrev01 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:56 am

I have had great luck in my Sleds and Bass Boat for years using it. I wouldn't dream or mixing oil in either of those.
bmrev01

Postby bigoscycles » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:13 am

Oil injection has came a long way. The X-Trainer is oil injection and I haven't heard of any issues with them.
bigoscycles

Location: Clanton, Al. Motorcycle Sales, Service, & Racing Suspension

Postby Mark Donovan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:17 am

It's proven to be a reliable system that has evolved over many years. I know some won't want it, but I think it does appeal to many. It's kinda like the e-start.
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Postby bigoscycles » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:23 am

You could still do away with and mix your own.
bigoscycles

Location: Clanton, Al. Motorcycle Sales, Service, & Racing Suspension

Postby Cruizin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 am

I'm excited to hear about this. I am gonna get one of these 2016's and am happy that Oil Injection has been added because all the reports that I have heard about the X-trainer have been stellar. I am actually gonna do some street riding on the 300rr that I get because I work downtown Boise and can be on a trail afterwork in ten minutes. It will be really sweet to be able to just pull up to the gas station and pump gas and not have to premix. Not having to premix means my daypack will have just a little more room in it for tools.

Beta is gonna steal some sales from KTM in 2016. There will be a little more red on the trails and I ain't talking about Honda.
Cruizin

Postby Hammer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:06 am

Cruizin wrote:I'm excited to hear about this. I am gonna get one of these 2016's and am happy that Oil Injection has been added because all the reports that I have heard about the X-trainer have been stellar.

The X trainer has been puttering around peoples backyards for six months. How is that any sort of test. The problem with oil injection is when it fails it is an almost a sure thing you will have a bottom end failure if you are pounding the shit out of your bike at a hare scramble.
Why as customers we keep asking for more complicated systems on things that are simple and work well will always amaze me.
I was hoping the 4 stroke RR might keep the carb and the RS would be efi for those that want it. Guys carry fuel pumps and injectors on the trial with them and tell me how great EFI is. Huh?
Hammer

Postby mcnut » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:44 am

I do see the advantages of long-haul dirt-biking and increased range with the flexibility to fill up at the gas station. It just seems a bit ironic when you think back 40 years and we removed that stuff for performance-sake.
mcnut

Postby Cruizin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 am

My snowmobiles all have automatic oil injection, I ride em up o some gnarly places where I would surely die at night if I broke down and have had no problems with em. None. Zilch. Nada. The difference between today's Oil injection and the old style is today's ECU controls.

My CRF 450R fuel injection worked flawlessly. No issues at all.

In 1976, my Dad threw an absolute fit when Yamaha put that new fangled "Mono Shock" on the YZ-250. He was gonna buy one until he saw that single shock instead of the good old reliable Twin Shock system that all other bikes had. He complained how that one shock wouldn't be enough, and how hard it would be to reach and work on. He predicted failures of epic levels and bought a new Honda 250 instead.

Well, within four years all bikes had switched to the Monoshock. Even my Dad got one and praised the improved suspension travel.

Point is, progression can be a good thing. Innovation is a great thing.

And ten years ago I thought that Two Strokes would be dead by now, they certainly are at Honda. But now I'm super excited that not only are Two Strokes still alive and well, we actually have a company with the balls to actually create innovation for Two Strokes.

Every Two stroke lover should rejoice and buy a Beta. Seriously, all hail the Beta Two Stroke and this day, July 1st 2015 will go down in history as a very important day for two strokes. The reduced emissions and smoke from this system opens up all kinds of opportunities for the Two Stroke to come back to Motocross, if other companies follow suit.
Cruizin

Postby Mark Donovan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:05 pm

[quoteAnd ten years ago I thought that Two Strokes would be dead by now, they certainly are at Honda. But now I'm super excited that not only are Two Strokes still alive and well, we actually have a company with the balls to actually create innovation for Two Strokes.
[/quote]

Beta owners are the Ballsy type! He who has great courage shall be greatly rewarded. I agree! Well said.
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Next

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke