2015 300rr vibration....

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Re: 2015 300rr vibration....

Postby GMP » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:45 am

Timber wrote:Still the stock pipe? I have had a couple Beta 300's and they have all been vibe free except for the one I put a fmf gnarly on, vibrated bad with that pipe. Weird.

Different resonant frequency I guess, makes sense. Even jetting can have a subtle effect on vibes. If its real bad though more likely internal. Any particular RPM range?
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Enmerdeur » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Yeah could be poorly balanced crank. I can happen.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby GMP » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:30 am

Yeah, every bike I've had vibrated different. Worst was a KTM 200, more than my KTM300 and that was annoying. This Beta is by far the best, and I think has a lot to do with being able to ride it hard and not get too tired. From now on I'm spoiled and would have to have any new bike like this. My buddys GG is absolutely horrible. If it doesn't take itself apart by the end of the season we will rebuild and balance the crank. That will give me a real good handle on just the effect of a properly balanced crank compared to other factors.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Wyocattech » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Yes bike is completely stock. Took it on a 100mi ride over the weekend and it seems to be around the same even after that many miles. Finally got confirmation from my purchasing dealer and they want in to a local dealer asap. I will report back with the findings. Im starting to hear some nois from the clutch area. And it appears the head pipe orings are going again. Sure like the bike even with the vibes!!!
Wyocattech

Postby Wyocattech » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:31 am

Alright finally got to the bottom of the vibration issue. Since I relocated 1200mi away from my purchasing dealer I had to find one willing to work with me. Got in contact with MXpartsnow in watervliet, Mi. Highly recommend these guys. I took them the bike in the same condition I bought it from the purchasing dealer. And as my initial thought the bike was running lean, It had 342mi on it when I dropped it off and around 15hrs on the hour meter. I left it with them for about a month. After much digging the bike was found to have an incorrect spark plug installed in it. The electrode was an extra long protruding. Which was creating a hot spot on the strap and causing pre ignition. Upon digging into it we cant pin point where the plug came from due to its not even a plug beta uses in there line up. Was it the purchasing dealers fault? don't know, or was is a wrong plug boxed from ngk in a factory order? Don't know. The carb needle was in the leanest position also. The dealer took pics of everything as they tore it down and submitted to beta. Its been a very interesting case for sure but sure am glad to have my bike back and running great. Sure am glad that it was nothing major seems I only got to ride the bike a total of 5 times since I bought it.
Wyocattech

Postby Enmerdeur » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:53 am

Wyocattech wrote:Alright finally got to the bottom of the vibration issue. Since I relocated 1200mi away from my purchasing dealer I had to find one willing to work with me. Got in contact with MXpartsnow in watervliet, Mi. Highly recommend these guys. I took them the bike in the same condition I bought it from the purchasing dealer. And as my initial thought the bike was running lean, It had 342mi on it when I dropped it off and around 15hrs on the hour meter. I left it with them for about a month. After much digging the bike was found to have an incorrect spark plug installed in it. The electrode was an extra long protruding. Which was creating a hot spot on the strap and causing pre ignition. Upon digging into it we cant pin point where the plug came from due to its not even a plug beta uses in there line up. Was it the purchasing dealers fault? don't know, or was is a wrong plug boxed from ngk in a factory order? Don't know. The carb needle was in the leanest position also. The dealer took pics of everything as they tore it down and submitted to beta. Its been a very interesting case for sure but sure am glad to have my bike back and running great. Sure am glad that it was nothing major seems I only got to ride the bike a total of 5 times since I bought it.

OK that is a weird one for sure.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby ricoyam » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:32 am

Interesting case.
I'll guess the following happened but I'm sure it will be unconfirmable unless someone confesses.

The selling dealer had a customer who needed a plug and they didn't have one in stock. In an effort to keep that customer happy, they pulled the plug out of a bike on the floor intending to order and replace it.
You came in and bought that bike before the replacement happened and rather than lose a sale they took a plug that either incorrectly crossed over or just one that fit so they could close the sale.

There really is no other explanation for the incorrect plug unless you replaced it yourself. It's unfortunate because if this is what happened the dealer thought they were doing the right thing for their first customer but you ended up paying the price. They would have been better risking a lost sale and holding off your delivery for an extra day or two.

There could be other explanations but that seems most likely to me.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:36 pm

No or very little vibration at all.. Ride my 82 Husky 430 cr for an hour and the beta vibration will disappear.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Clearvu1 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:52 pm

I'm with Ricoyam. It's not like the Beta uses a rare plug, around here you can get them at about any auto parts store. It's embarrassing to think they let the bike go out the door that way.
Clearvu1

Postby GMP » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:06 am

If you don't stock generic NGK plugs you shouldn't be a dealer! And why the needle so lean? Part time kid working at dealer prepping bikes?
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Previous

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke