Clutch 300rr 2018

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Re: Clutch 300rr 2018

Postby ctrider » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:23 pm

I also switched to Motul and noticed improvement however still have some squealing in clutch slipping tech stuff.
I’m guessing but from what previous owner told me and what my eyes tell me is the bike don’t have more than 50 hours on it. So I’m thinking It’s a shame such a new bike and needs a clutch. I seen some aftermarket clutches fer up to 2017. I’m hoping I can hold out and hopefully there will b some 2018 aftermarket choices soon. Put another 5 hours on bike since switching to Motul.
I will change oil again using Motul again and will see if I get anymore improvements.
ctrider

Postby Hurky » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:30 am

Well my RR300 2019 do also squeali in clutch slipping tech stuff but it did from day 1, no wear related in my case. I changed to a different oil type and that improved it a lot, it now doesn't happens all the time but only after some more serious clutch abuse. Curious is that my Husqvarna WR300 never did such noises and the clutch still feels great with about 650 hrs on it (still OEM 2010 clutch installed). The clutch compund must be different on the Beta I guess...

Cheers.
Hurky

Postby babelfish » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:07 am

Squealing (may) indicate glazing of friction plates. That is caused by operator, not by factory.
The ultimate recovery include boiling of the friction plates. The advantage with boiling is that friction material will raise up and make a rough surface while glazed areas will be eh glazed. It's much easier to se good areas after boiling. Boiling or not: Rough up the glazed parts with sanding paper and then soak the plates in oil over night before reinstall.
This should also improve friction in case you have slippage as well.
babelfish

Postby Rob578 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:25 am

Stupid question but what do you boil them in? Oil, Water with degreaser?, Plain Water??????? I've never heard of that solution with a wet clutch.

Tossing the judder spring and putting in YZ450 friction plates fixed mine but it's a 2015.
Rob578

Postby ctrider » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:20 pm

So as I posted earlier on this subject I have a 2018 250 rr
clutch squeal got quite a bit better when I switched to Motul expert 10/40 however still had some squeal in tech clutch abuse stuff
what I didn't mention is I'm rearly in first cause I'd rather slip the clutch in second than spin the tire in first.
second gear slow tech slip clutch is where the squeal comes in on occasion with Motul

I also noticed that Beta gearing changed in 2018 which is when this subject seems to have risen, they went from 13/49 to 14/49 so what I'm thinking is going to a 13 tooth front sprocket. I also noticed if I short shift into third bike is a little weak and needs a little clutch slippage w this newly changed ( by Beta) stock gearing.

I have a feeling the rest of the squealing will disappear and I'll be happier w 13/49 gearing
will keep you posted if I notice improvements
ctrider

Postby twowheels » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 pm

ctrider wrote:So as I posted earlier on this subject I have a 2018 250 rr
clutch squeal got quite a bit better when I switched to Motul expert 10/40 however still had some squeal in tech clutch abuse stuff
what I didn't mention is I'm rearly in first cause I'd rather slip the clutch in second than spin the tire in first.
second gear slow tech slip clutch is where the squeal comes in on occasion with Motul

I also noticed that Beta gearing changed in 2018 which is when this subject seems to have risen, they went from 13/49 to 14/49 so what I'm thinking is going to a 13 tooth front sprocket. I also noticed if I short shift into third bike is a little weak and needs a little clutch slippage w this newly changed ( by Beta) stock gearing.

I have a feeling the rest of the squealing will disappear and I'll be happier w 13/49 gearing
will keep you posted if I notice improvements

The final drive changed in 2018 because there was a new clutch and primary drive ratios. You may want to try a 50 or 51T rear before jumping to a 13T front.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby ctrider » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:49 am

"The final drive changed in 2018 because there was a new clutch and primary drive ratios. You may want to try a 50 or 51T rear before jumping to a 13T front."
Two wheels, do you think I should go to a larger rear sprocket before changing the front even still if I have lowered the bike by an inch? I trail ride in lots of rock gardens. BTW you don't know me as CT rider but it just so happens that you have my suspension at the moment.
ctrider

Previous

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke