Rekluse RadiusCX on 2018 300rr

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Re: Rekluse RadiusCX on 2018 300rr

Postby Darkside » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 pm

that's disappointing to hear about the slippage. Is it only limited to the radius cx ? Or do the radius cx and the core exp share the same ring?
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby Regs » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:25 pm

It appears on their website that the radiusx and cx are the only ones available for the 18' model.
Regs

Postby NW_250RR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Darkside wrote:that's disappointing to hear about the slippage. Is it only limited to the radius cx ? Or do the radius cx and the core exp share the same ring?

The radius uses a slightly smaller ring than the core. If I for example was to upgrade my 17' core 3 to a CX, I would have to buy the radius ring and the steel outer clutch basket inserts to get it to work (not to mention the torque drive plates). If I remember correctly (may not be 100% accurate on this), rekluse told me the CX was designed off the KTM DDS clutch? which is smaller and the same size to the new 18' Beta clutch.
NW_250RR

Postby mknutson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:43 am

With the cx you get all the bling stuff, outer cover, pressure plate, and center hub. With the x you retain your stock center hub and pressure plate/springs, and also reuse the stock outer cover with a real thick gasket. They both work the same, but you might get better cooling and lube in the cx.

Joe at Rekluse has one more thing for me to try in the quest for the no slippage goal. If that does'nt work, then I'm going to get all the parts to convert it to a 2017 larger clutch. I know that clutch works good, I put the x in my wifes 2017 xtrainer, and it hooks up well.

The guys at Rekluse are an absolute top notch group to work with, won't find a better crew ANYWHERE!

Mark.
mknutson

Postby NW_250RR » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:48 am

mknutson wrote:With the cx you get all the bling stuff, outer cover, pressure plate, and center hub. With the x you retain your stock center hub and pressure plate/springs, and also reuse the stock outer cover with a real thick gasket. They both work the same, but you might get better cooling and lube in the cx.

Joe at Rekluse has one more thing for me to try in the quest for the no slippage goal. If that does'nt work, then I'm going to get all the parts to convert it to a 2017 larger clutch. I know that clutch works good, I put the x in my wifes 2017 xtrainer, and it hooks up well.

The guys at Rekluse are an absolute top notch group to work with, won't find a better crew ANYWHERE!

Mark.

Hopefully this works Mark, keep us posted. And i have to agree, the team at Rekluse is top notch. I have had many long conversations with those guys and they have always had the answers.
NW_250RR

Postby redrider » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Please post results of your "last option" as soon as you try it. I'm picking up my 18 this week and want to rekluse it. I also have the Clake 2 in a box and may set that up too, though it seems a little bulky on the perch.

Also, if it doesn't work, are you sure the 2017 clutch will drop into the 18? I have a 15 and 16 2T and the rekluse works perfectly in both. Want to be sure that's an option.

Thanks!
redrider

Postby mknutson » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:25 am

The last thing they want to try is heavier pressure plate springs for the exp disc to push up against, thinks maybe the springs are too weak and the exp uses up too much travel against the weaker springs before it grabs good. We'll try em out, they get here later today.

I looked up all the parts that I need to get to convert to a 17 clutch, it should work ok.
mknutson

Postby NW_250RR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 pm

mknutson wrote:The last thing they want to try is heavier pressure plate springs for the exp disc to push up against, thinks maybe the springs are too weak and the exp uses up too much travel against the weaker springs before it grabs good. We'll try em out, they get here later today.

I looked up all the parts that I need to get to convert to a 17 clutch, it should work ok.

This is essentially the way the Core 3 and now discontinued EXP 3.0 work (with a combination of heavier clutch plate springs) to compensate for the reduced OEM friction plates. I remember them mentioning that they were able to go to lighter duty clutch plate springs for the CX because of the now used torque drive plates and the increased number. Maybe this application just didn't work for 18' and the heavy clutch plate springs are the answer. Hopefully it works out Mark. Eager to hear your report.
Last edited by NW_250RR on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NW_250RR

Postby Whee » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 pm

mknutson wrote:Stock lever, and there isn't any pressure on it. Freeplay gain is where it should be 1/8-1/4 inch.
I don't think Beta changed the primary ratio between crank and clutch basket so it spins the same rpm as the larger clutches which isnt enough to make the wedges work as good as they do on the larger diameter units, less centrifugal force and smaller wedges means less force to spread the EXP side plates apart. The clutch doesn't slip at high rpm, but that's not where I ride it at.

Mark.

https://www.betausa.com/content/2018-beta-updates

"• New power valve timing: different design of the power valve ramps to better adapt to the new primary drive ratio, ensuring better power delivery."
Whee

Postby mknutson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 am

If the primary drive ratio was changed, I stand corrected.
I haven't been able to ride it yet with the new pressure plate springs, have to wait and see how it goes.

Mark.
mknutson

PreviousNext

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke