Rekluse RadiusCX on 2018 300rr

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Rekluse RadiusCX on 2018 300rr

Postby mknutson » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:12 am

Just got through installing the top of the line Rekluse clutch in my 300rr the other day.
So far it works great, as all their stuff does, but just a note to those that have one and haven't installed it yet, or those looking to get one. Make sure to check the inner splines of the center hub they give you for residue maybe from the anodizing process, don't know. Not a big deal but make sure it's real clean cause they have a real tight tolerance fit on this thing, I almost got mine jammed part way on till I noticed the white residue. Like I said, NOT a big deal but just a heads up. Already let them know just in case they get calls about it.
mknutson

Re: Rekluse RadiusCX on 2018 300rr

Postby mtdirtbag » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Any rides on that Rekluse yet to give a report?
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby mknutson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:30 am

mtdirt,
So far i'm having slipping issues with mine, but mine is a 2018, yours is older with the bigger clutch assy. I don't think youll have any slipping issues with that clutch in your bike at all. I like a sharp hookup just a bit above idle, like fully locked up, slippage makes heat and wear and no fun if you have to loft it over a log or puddle. Don't let what I'm saying deterr you from getting one for your bike though. Then add the left hand rear brake and it gets even easier to (cheat)! Try the Shinko 505 cheater rear tire, works really cool.
mknutson

Postby Regs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 am

Mark, is Rekluse working on getting your slipping fixed? I just picked up an 18' and was thinking of getting a rekluse. Had one in my 16' 500exc and it worked flawless for 2 yrs. Hopefully they can figure something out.
Regs

Postby mknutson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:04 am

Regs,
I too have a 2016 500exc with the auto in it, and it works perfect now after alot of fooling around. The Kato is still here, not going anywhere anytime soon. As far as the guys at Rekluse, you won't get better service from anyone anywhere. I've been working with Joe and Mike with the issue on my Beta 300rr, and it's a work in progress. It depends on your weight, riding style and prefrences as to what and how you want it to engage. I like a hard, full lockup a bit past idle just like the stock manual clutch lugging the bike around, the 300's do this well, thats why we call em 3 strokes. I'm about 250lbs on the bike ready to go. Don't use rotella 15-40 oil, the newer bottles, it will slip, Rekluse said they've had a few calls now with this issue. I'm now going to try actual transmission fluid, (bike).

Mark.
mknutson

Postby mknutson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:16 pm

After todays test ride I don't know what to do with it, at a loss. It needs WAY more weight in the wedges to work right. This thing slips so bad forget doing any kind of weelie in the single track stuff. I tried the lightest springs and they worked the best, then I put in the red springs and no way. Bike sounds like a snowmobile or side by side, mega slip. I have to call them on monday to see if they can make heavier wedges, if not then it comes out and the bike goes on craigslist, tired of fooling with it now. Test rode the wifes xtrainer around the house that has a radius x in it and it works perfect, no slipping, good grab. Hers has the larger clutch in it. As far as getting the auto for your 18', I'd hold off for a bit to see what happens.
I'm not really asking anything of this clutch that is out of the ordinary but, I'm not sure if the EXP ring with the current wedges can create enough force on the discs to stop the slipping, we'll have to see.
mknutson

Postby NW_250RR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Mark,

Out of curiousity are you running the stock clutch lever? Or something like a Midwest? Only reason I ask is I’ve seen a few cases, especially with the MW levers where the lever when fully out is still putting slight pressure on the clutch master cylinder and ever so slightly disengaging the clutch. I’m sure you already know this but thought I’d throw it out there. Since the MW lever suggests not having any free play, It can sometimes go unnoticed. With my MW lever I test and set it up by reverse bleeding some fluid and making sure the lever isn’t slightly loading the cylinder and preventing fluid from getting into it.

On a side note, I’ll be Walker tomorrow. Not sure if you will be out again.
NW_250RR

Postby mknutson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Stock lever, and there isn't any pressure on it. Freeplay gain is where it should be 1/8-1/4 inch.
I don't think Beta changed the primary ratio between crank and clutch basket so it spins the same rpm as the larger clutches which isnt enough to make the wedges work as good as they do on the larger diameter units, less centrifugal force and smaller wedges means less force to spread the EXP side plates apart. The clutch doesn't slip at high rpm, but that's not where I ride it at.

Mark.
mknutson

Postby Regs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Mark, thanks for the update, I'm holding off for now till they can figure something out. Keep us informed if they make some changes for you.
Regs

Postby mknutson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Will do.
mknutson

Next

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke