Rekluse RadiusCX on 2018 300rr

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Re: Rekluse RadiusCX on 2018 300rr

Postby mknutson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Just got done tearing up the back yard, and I think the heavier springs are the ticket.
Joe is sending me one more set, one notch firmer, just to make sure from my end that this is going to work good. Will test the next set when they get here. So far the prognosis is good, could wheelie second with no problem from a walking pace where it would slip before.
No need to change to the bigger clutch now.

Mark.
mknutson

Postby Regs » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 pm

That is great news Mark! How does the clutch lever feel? Is it getting stiffer?
Regs

Postby mknutson » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:34 am

It's getting a little bit firmer, and it will be even more so when the new springs get here.
My KTM 500exc had to have the heavier belleville spring in it to quit slipping too. And the clutch on it feels quite a bit more heavy than the Beta.
I don't use the clutch when riding, thats what the auto is for, so if it's a little firm, who cares.

Mark.
mknutson

Postby Regs » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:39 am

Mark, have you tried the second set of springs yet?
Regs

Postby mknutson » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Well,
I took the bike out for a real ride, not the back yard, this afternoon.

It STILL has the low rpm slip, not as bad, but still there. I'm looking for a FIRM lockup just a bit above idle, and with MY experiences with this small diameter clutch pack, the exp disc with the heaviest wedges they make so far, won't cut it.
I have the lightest exp springs in the disc with the heaviest weights and it won't lockup till you get the rpm's up quite a bit. If I was riding a 125, it wouldn't be an issue, but a 300 near the pipe can become an issue real quick, ie, warp-10 in single track. I can ride all day without ever getting it on the pipe, in fact, thats the most efficient way to go fast on a 300. Sooo, the clutch is still slipping in that range way too much to have fun with it.

Now looking at the option of going to the bigger clutch out of the '17. Bout $575 worth of parts.

Mark.
mknutson

Postby NW_250RR » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:41 pm

mknutson wrote:Well,
I took the bike out for a real ride, not the back yard, this afternoon.

It STILL has the low rpm slip, not as bad, but still there. I'm looking for a FIRM lockup just a bit above idle, and with MY experiences with this small diameter clutch pack, the exp disc with the heaviest wedges they make so far, won't cut it.
I have the lightest exp springs in the disc with the heaviest weights and it won't lockup till you get the rpm's up quite a bit. If I was riding a 125, it wouldn't be an issue, but a 300 near the pipe can become an issue real quick, ie, warp-10 in single track. I can ride all day without ever getting it on the pipe, in fact, thats the most efficient way to go fast on a 300. Sooo, the clutch is still slipping in that range way too much to have fun with it.

Now looking at the option of going to the bigger clutch out of the '17. Bout $575 worth of parts.

Mark.

Bummer to hear Mark. Well if it means anything, my 17’ 250rr with the Core 3, stock wedges and medium EXP springs hooks up quick and precise when in the proper gear. Nice snap, and super easy to lift the front. If I happen to be lugging a gear tall, a quick load on the clutch lever will get the front end up no problem. Sucks that it will cost you, but I’m confident you can get it where you want. I’m really surprised the CX and the new Betas are reacting this way. I would of guessed the opposite.
NW_250RR

Postby Regs » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:04 pm

Sorry to hear that Mark. Please keep us informed if you go the bigger clutch route.
Regs

Postby mknutson » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:11 pm

I'll have to give them a call on monday to see what we can do.
mknutson

Postby MAG » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:02 pm

I had one ride or 4 hours on my Radius CX on my 18 300 before winter and it seems to work fine. I also had issue with the hub splines being tight also, which has been the same on every Beta I've installed a Rekluse on, all were Cores except for this Radius. Would think your problem would be an issue with the EXP disc. Hope you get things worked out- these are another step up from the Core clutches.
MAG

Postby mknutson » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:21 am

I took the wifes 2017 XTrainer out on sunday to verify the clutch action, and as expected it worked perfect! Her's has the radius x in it.
So on monday I ordered the parts that I need to convert to the larger clutch. Rekluse told me they would exchange the cx for the smaller unit for one that fits the earlier unit, these guys are way cool!!
Everything is in the mail as we write.

Mark.
mknutson

PreviousNext

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke