RR 300 2019 Factory - Power Valve Springs

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

RR 300 2019 Factory - Power Valve Springs

Postby Hurky » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 am

Hi there, I have a RR 2019 300 Factory, I bought it 'like-new' from a friend, who bought it new from a dealer. He asked them to tune the engine for slow enduro riding. So we asumed they did jet it accordingly but I am not sure if they also touched the power valve settings.

The bike came with the big green spring installed, no inner spring. In a bag along with some carburation jets I have a big Yellow spring and a small white spring that can go inside the big spring.

So my question is, is this like they came stock from the factory or did they modify something ?

What would be the difference in installing the yellow spring ?
And any of the main springs along with the white inner spring ?

springs.jpg
springs.jpg (58.48 KiB) Viewed 4188 times

Thank you.
Hurky

Re: RR 300 2019 Factory - Power Valve Springs

Postby Hurky » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:11 am

Anyone knows what spring/s come stock on the Factory RR 300 2019 ?
Hurky

Postby Hurky » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:03 am

Well I was playing around some during the last rides, with the stock green spring, the preload stock came about 1 turn in from flush. I turned it in 2 more turns (3 in from flush) and tried on a straight in 3rd-4th full throttle, then I turned the preload out 3 turns so the adjuster get flush to the housing, tried the same again, and could really not tell much of a difference ... I think in those conditions it is not that noticeable. Then I tried again with 2 turns of preload (1 more than stock) and doing slower enduro, throttle controlled climbs with non optimal traction etc... There I think I do notice something, and I don't like it :) , seems to be easier to loose control over the traction, more wheel spin. I turned the adjuster one turn out again leaving it as it come stock and I think I gained back some traction.

Maybe one day I just try the Yellow spring to understand better the difference it could make, and/or also put in the smaller white one.

Cheers !
Hurky

Postby Topher749 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:25 am

Topher749

Postby twowheels » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:08 pm

The 300s came with one set of springs installed, and a set of replacement springs in a bag with instructions to install them for the US market. I would have to dig around to find out which springs were stock. In any case, don't believe the owner's manual that says never to touch the adjuster.

If you've got some time, try the combination of inner and outer springs and see what you like. Just be careful to not wind the adjuster in too far (7 turns from flush iirc), recognizing that the closer to flush (for any given spring combo) the sooner the exhaust valve opens, so the power seems 'racier'. Turning in the adjuster makes the power 'gruntier'.

A quick look at the fiche suggests that the 2019 RE did not come stock with the inner spring installed.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke