2T 2500RR top and big end advice please?

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

2T 2500RR top and big end advice please?

Postby wernwilk » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:07 pm

Hi, this is lengthy and contains a few questions, sorry...

My 2015 2500RR made a nasty noise after a ride last week. I have since torn the motor down and identified the Piston and cylinder are shot. A ring had snapped and scored the cylinder. I found some pond water in the cylinder so I think i ingested some whilst on a ride.
I have also tested the big end bearing which is a failure, there is vertical play in it.

So, I will be needing the following;
- Complete engine gasket and seal set
- Big end bearing and pin, (possibly connection rod also)
- New cylinder
- New piston kit

Whilst I am in there I am intending to replace the Mains, Crank seals, and any associated transmission bearings/seals that require it. I will also rebuild the water pump and replace the clutch as a matter of course.

My questions are;

- Does anyone know of any aftermarket, (or OEM), crank rebuild kits?
- Same question but for cylinder and piston kits?
- Same question but for gasket sets?

I can piece all the OEM parts together but wondered if anyone had found any kit alternatives to save time?

Also, I am considering putting a 300cc top end on the bike. Doe anyone have any pro's and con's to this?

Thanks.
wernwilk

Re: 2T 2500RR top and big end advice please?

Postby mike307 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:34 pm

hello .. on gaskets go oem full kit , or prox kit if its avaible .. ConRod prox got rod for 140euros i think , oem is around 280e .. pistons i am using on my 250rr wertex ktm piston part n.23630 ... on cilynder new nicasil coating , powersealUSA , or in netherlands .. hall the price of the new cilynder ..
mike307

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke