Insight needed on KYB install on Beta 300RR

Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Insight needed on KYB install on Beta 300RR

Postby HECKS » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:40 am

( I have posted this on Thumpertalk aswell)
I have read and researched many, many links on this conversion between Thumpertalk, Betariders, Dirtbike World, VitalMX, etc. Hoping for some insight on members whom have done this conversion. Most posts are a few years old with not much new info. I am trying to better my 2015 300RR to survive the motorcross track, as most of my riding has converted over to track and not so much single track. The Sachs OC's have survived thus far on the track, but too many fork bottoming events on large 4th-5th gear tabletops have me sketched out, and forget about the woop sections....no charging into them ! I am sprung for my weight and sag is setup, along with a fresh front and rear service a few months ago. I feel the shock is capable, but the forks need to go

- Being I need to gain back 3mm of offset from the YZ fork lug 32mm offset, I have found a few different sets of triples, and the one closest to me is from a 2015 KX250F at 22mm offset. Width is the same as Beta, and I will have to shave the top of the forks down to 54mm (not a problem) to fit these triples. I have a line on a 2008 YZ450F triple as well from Ebay, which has 22mm offset and 56mm top clamp. My question is, has anyone utilized a Beta stem into a YZ/YZF triple clamp ? I have no problem pressing out the Beta stem and swapping, just wanting to make sure they are universal before I pull the trigger. There are no Beta 4 stroke (23mm) triples to be had as far as I have searched.

- I have on order, the YZ axle 1CS-25181-1 and a few sets of spacers coming to adapt the Beta wheel to these forks.

Any help is appreciated and if I am missing something or have overlooked anything, please comment. Thank You !
Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada
2015 Beta 300RR
HECKS

Re: Insight needed on KYB install on Beta 300RR

Postby webmaster » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:11 am

You might want to reach out to Steve (twowheels here) - to get his thoughts.

jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Return to Engine - 2 Stroke