2016 Sachs dual cartridge forks

Tuning and maintenance of forks, shocks, etc.

2016 Sachs dual cartridge forks

Postby KRANNIE » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:50 pm

I have a 430RR-RE coming, with the new Sachs forks.

Anyone know a tuner that knows these forks yet?

I have heard two rumors: one is that they are KYB SSS clones, and the other is that they are Marzochhi clones.
KRANNIE

Re: 2016 Sachs dual cartridge forks

Postby ossi » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:54 pm

I heard KYB no SSS clones
Big bore YZ, to 350 EXC to 300X
ossi

Postby ballisticexchris » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 am

deleted
Last edited by ballisticexchris on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballisticexchris

Postby KRANNIE » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:52 am

Chris, I will check Dave out.

I am still curious to talk to someone who has actually worked on the new forks, which have been out now for several months.
KRANNIE

Postby GMP » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:55 am

ballisticexchris wrote:Hi there Bill. I would suggest Dave at Get Dirty. He races and rides Betas in the same stuff we do. Every single one of his personal bikes are setup amazing. He did my Beta suspension and I'm very pleased. I also had him refresh my 05 300EXC suspension. He put in the telescopic needle and it made a huge difference taking the harshness out of the shock.

The way he sets them up for me is initial plushness in the rocks without the fork dive, firm yet smooth through the mid-stroke and can slam the high speed G-Outs really really hard without the fear of getting pitched off the bike. You do have to tell him if you are a sit down or stand up rider. All my settings are for standing up. The only strange thing that takes getting used to is the position I have to stand in the whoops. Me 498 likes you to be leaned back a bit past center for good 3rd-4th gear whoop slamming.

Another option is Nick at Pro Valve. Ive used him for many years on different bikes and he can re-valve just about anything to your liking. He even works on oddball Huskies and exotic TM's.

http://www.provalvemx.com/provalvemx.html

How could anybody at this point know this fork? Its brand new, any and all info is speculation. All tuners will be starting out at ground zero as they havn't hit the trails yet. From what was said its a new design and has had extensive testing during development, some advanced with on board data aquisition. Since real time data acquisition and associated engineering is my proffession, I know what is possible and would expect this to be a great fork close to the mark.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby KRANNIE » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 am

The new fork has been in Italy for several months, and the USA BETA team has been testing them for about two months (300RRRE).

Somebody knows something, and that is why I inquired.

Oh, and thanks for the resume.
KRANNIE

Postby ballisticexchris » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:59 am

deleted
Last edited by ballisticexchris on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballisticexchris

Postby GMP » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:33 am

Theory is the same but specific component sizes and designs are always different. Might be close to something out there now but you don't know yet. A KYB SSS and Zoke 48 have the same cartridge and rod dimmensions but are valved quite differently. Point was I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this testing the claim to have done and how close it is because I understand how its done. The truth lies somewhere between rocket science and the little washer analogy. :lol:

Krannie,

No one else here has seen the fork otherwise you would hear about it quickly without asking.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby webmaster » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:41 am

Hi Krannie.

If it were me - I would stick with the tuners with the most experience with sachs forks. The two that I would put at the top of my list is Steve (twowheels) who participates here, and Les Tinius at LT-Racing (http://www.lt-racing.com).

I just spoke to Les and he told me that one of his customers is sending him a set of these (relatively) soon....

jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby GMP » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:02 pm

webmaster wrote:Hi Krannie.

If it were me - I would stick with the tuners with the most experience with sachs forks. The two that I would put at the top of my list is Steve (twowheels) who participates here, and Les Tinius at LT-Racing (http://www.lt-racing.com).

I just spoke to Les and he told me that one of his customers is sending him a set of these (relatively) soon....

jeff

+1
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Next

Return to Suspension