13 Beta 400 RS

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

13 Beta 400 RS

Postby Dirtnap » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:40 pm

New to me Beta. The crankcase breather hose seems to smoke quite a bit. it does not go to the airbox, it has a small K&N filter on the end zip tied to a clip on the carb. anyway once it starts to warm up it starts to smoke out the filter and i can smell it when i ride also. Is this normal? Thanks for any replies.
13 Beta 400 RS
Dirtnap

Re: 13 Beta 400 RS

Postby Hammer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Dirtnap wrote:New to me Beta. The crankcase breather hose seems to smoke quite a bit. it does not go to the airbox, it has a small K&N filter on the end zip tied to a clip on the carb. anyway once it starts to warm up it starts to smoke out the filter and i can smell it when i ride also. Is this normal? Thanks for any replies.

Time for a leak down test.
Hammer

Re: 13 Beta 400 RS

Postby Dirtnap » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Hammer wrote:
Dirtnap wrote:New to me Beta. The crankcase breather hose seems to smoke quite a bit. it does not go to the airbox, it has a small K&N filter on the end zip tied to a clip on the carb. anyway once it starts to warm up it starts to smoke out the filter and i can smell it when i ride also. Is this normal? Thanks for any replies.

Time for a leak down test.

Thanks Hammer, supposedly the whole top end is new, including Head, valves, piston rings etc. I will have my local shop take a look at it and perform some tests.
13 Beta 400 RS
Dirtnap

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke