Will the 450rr need jetting for mountains ?

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Re: Will the 450rr need jetting for mountains ?

Postby johnm28 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:47 pm

mtnmanseth wrote:
johnm28 wrote:
Hyde wrote:Will be riding 5000-7000 this weekend, other than adjusting the fuel screw as needed, maybe drop the needle ??

Just got back from Mammoth on my new 400 RS and it ran great. 8k up to 10k feet no issues at all. I turned the fuel screw in a little but I'm sure if I left it alone I wouldn't notice any difference.

Good to know; I'll be in Mammoth riding in a month! Thanks for sharing. Wait... haven't decided which bike to take. Is Mammoth-area more techy/steep/slow (2T GasGas) or faster/flowy/long-day (4T Beta) country?

I wish I had that problem to have that choice:).. you can't go wrong with either one and it can be a great time with both bikes. Are they both plated? a lot of fire type trails with some cool single track options while riding, but some areas you can open up and rip around corners. You can take the mammoth to June trail to get a good warm up. Takes about an hour but we ventured off and did some hill climbs and stuff.went through about 1.4 gallons of gas to get to June . If you start in town take the trail right across from the old mammoth Rd which brings you through the camp ground. Once riding, there are signs saying "mammoth to June" just keep taking those. Or get a map in town to show you. But the cool part about the ride was once the trail ends in "June Lake" area you run right into a gas station to fill up grab a beer and redbull and keep going. From there in June Mountain area there are so many options so either bike would be fun but are they road legal? If not its not the end of the world. I was talking to a guy who had a 2t and I asked him if the cops ever said anything. He told me he asked a cop one day and they said as long as your not being an idiot on the street and just using it to cross sections and get home don't worry. Good luck have fun.
johnm28

Previous

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke