How do you like your 350 EFI

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Re: How do you like your 350 EFI

Postby GMP » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:32 am

About ten years ago we flew into Reno and drove to condo in Heavenly at about 7800'. Thought I was hot shit, jogging around, carrying the luggage, etc. Next day my wife took it easy while I skied hard all day, a lot of it up at 10K' and into the CA side. Felt fine until next day, was like a hangover that wouldn't quit. Wrecked the rest of my trip. Your body needs time to adapt and build a higher blood hematocrit level for starters. If I ever go out west to ride at altitude I'll spend a day on the porch for sure! Better to waste a day than a trip.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Leon_RR250 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:38 am

Hi!

99 hours on mine. No issues at all. The EFI has been great. I installed a full FMF exhaust (Q4 and PowerBomb) about 15 hours ago with the corresponding EFI map. Even more overall power/torque. In technical going I use the softer CDI map most of the time because it does not reduce power or revving ability but only softens the initial hit saving a lot of energy. Currently in for its 3rd valve check up. Until now there was no need to adjust any shim.

Leon
Leon_RR250

Postby ssorange » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:04 am

Leon_RR250 wrote:Hi!

99 hours on mine. No issues at all. The EFI has been great. I installed a full FMF exhaust (Q4 and PowerBomb) about 15 hours ago with the corresponding EFI map. Even more overall power/torque. In technical going I use the softer CDI map most of the time because it does not reduce power or revving ability but only softens the initial hit saving a lot of energy. Currently in for its 3rd valve check up. Until now there was no need to adjust any shim.

Leon

how are you changing the mapping? Is it a jumper or switch? Software? Or do you have to take it to the dealer? also, is there software available for diagnostics and tuning? Is that something a mere mortal can own?
ssorange

Postby Mo.man » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:08 pm

As far as I know it has to be put in with a dealers EFI diagnostic tool.
Mo.man

Postby Leon_RR250 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:56 am

Hi!

By CDI map I mean to just use the free red/yellow wire under the tank and install a "Map 1" Map 2" handlebar switch. It not about EFI mapping. It proved golden in many cases in the very difficult Slovakian ISDE. After some unlucky moments, especially on Monday on the 2nd round with a broken clutch master and keeping it on the handlebar with 4 zip ties, I still managed to end the race with a bronze medal in the C2 class...!! For several ISDE veterans, the toughest ISDE with respect to time schedules and with very technical transfer sections. I was lucky to chose this event as my first ISDE :lol:
Leon_RR250

Postby twowheels » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:19 am

Leon_RR250 wrote:Hi!

By CDI map I mean to just use the free red/yellow wire under the tank and install a "Map 1" Map 2" handlebar switch. It not about EFI mapping. It proved golden in many cases in the very difficult Slovakian ISDE. After some unlucky moments, especially on Monday on the 2nd round with a broken clutch master and keeping it on the handlebar with 4 zip ties, I still managed to end the race with a bronze medal in the C2 class...!! For several ISDE veterans, the toughest ISDE with respect to time schedules and with very technical transfer sections. I was lucky to chose this event as my first ISDE :lol:

Congratulations on finishing - and medalling - your first ISDE! Hard to be 100% sure from behind the keyboard, but it looked tough.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Gerry in Brazil » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:18 am

I just got a new 2015 350 and it is amazing. I also have a 2014 350. The 2015 engine is so much better, amazing smooth throttle response. What I really like is that it does not have that jerky feeling at low rpm's like the 2014. The bike behaves like a 3 stroke, in between a 2 and a 4 stroke, I think the stepper motor on the EFI gets the credit for this, riding down hills is much soother. I also changed the FMF power bomb and Q Stealth exhaust from my 2014 to the 2015 and found it works much better on the 2015 as well. The combination of the FMF and the injector work very well. I had m mechanic re-valve the suspension for our low speed technical trails andI added Michelin Trials tires and wow the ride is also smooth and amazing. If you never tried trials tires you should and see what a difference they make. I also changed the grips to a set of Edgers grips, (Brazilian brand) and the bike was easier to handle, the factory grips are not so good for me. I love this bike, the best so far.
Gerry in Brazil

Postby Knox Enduro » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:03 am

The 350 EFI bikes are very smooth! So the EFI adjusted to the FMF exhaust no problem?
Knox Enduro

Postby Marty Moose » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:32 am

Knox Enduro wrote:The 350 EFI bikes are very smooth! So the EFI adjusted to the FMF exhaust no problem?

Yep I fitted a FMF Powercore 4 Hex to my 2016 no issues at all runs great.

MM
Marty Moose

Postby Gerry in Brazil » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 am

Yes, the bike is actually smoother now with the FMF system, hard to imagine as the bike is so smooth with the stock exhaust. It also gives the bike a little more snap when you need it. Also the noise is beautiful.
Gerry in Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke