beta 350, 2012 - parts

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

beta 350, 2012 - parts

Postby Guzz » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:28 am

Hi there!

I'm new here and I am writting from Portugal!
I just bought a 2012, Beta 350 and I I am feeling desesperated...

My bike is needing some motor parts - several...

I'm going to need (from the Beta's catalogue):

1 - Ref. 022020088000 - 350 - Conn.-rod, assy
2 - Ref. 022020508001 350 - Piston set size1
3 - Cilinder - it will be fixedi with Nikasil in the UK or Spain
4 - kit joints, after openning the motor - Seals and gaskets
5 - others, after openning the motor.

and I can't find any "aftermarket parts", except for the prox kit piston - only about 10% cheaper than the original one...

I have found several sites, from different countries, with original, beta parts, and with the code for the "Part # 022020008000 Conn-rod assy, but in my case nobody can garantee that can get it...

They are saying that beta only sells the entire package due to problems with the conn-rod assy...

Did anyone find another one?

And iIt seems it was having problemas and in 2013, the reference is diferent...
Maybe changed?
Can anyone confirm if it was reinforced?
or maybe just changed the materials???

Please help!!!
Guzz

Re: beta 350, 2012 - parts

Postby ricoyam » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:29 am

Guzz wrote:Hi there!

I'm new here and I am writting from Portugal!
I just bought a 2012, Beta 350 and I I am feeling desesperated...

My bike is needing some motor parts - several...

I'm going to need (from the Beta's catalogue):

1 - Ref. 022020088000 - 350 - Conn.-rod, assy
2 - Ref. 022020508001 350 - Piston set size1
3 - Cilinder - it will be fixedi with Nikasil in the UK or Spain
4 - kit joints, after openning the motor - Seals and gaskets
5 - others, after openning the motor.

and I can't find any "aftermarket parts", except for the prox kit piston - only about 10% cheaper than the original one...

I have found several sites, from different countries, with original, beta parts, and with the code for the "Part # 022020008000 Conn-rod assy, but in my case nobody can garantee that can get it...

They are saying that beta only sells the entire package due to problems with the conn-rod assy...

Did anyone find another one?

And iIt seems it was having problemas and in 2013, the reference is diferent...
Maybe changed?
Can anyone confirm if it was reinforced?
or maybe just changed the materials???

Please help!!!

Hi Guzz,
I just made some new Portuguese friends. Did the Trans Pyrenees Ride run by Nuno Leotte of Off Road Services.
You might be able to get the rod and crank assembly rebuilt at a good motor machinist in your area. It's not uncommon for vintage bikes where parts are no longer available. Normally, if needed rods can be resized, crank pins can be made and bearing substitutions can be found. It may not be cheap but it may save your bike.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby Guzz » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:08 am

Hi there...

Small world, right?
I read Nuno's Facebook cronics, and photos, about the new AJP PR7 that he was using / testing for the first time and it looked great ;)
AJP always in the run :)

I'll have to try to check that chance about the conn-rod, because I can't believe having to buy the all kit, with the cranksafht (is it like this), and spending 900€, just for the conn-rod, that could cost 300€ or even less if there were aftermarket spares...
Guzz

Postby ricoyam » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Nuno was riding the prototype PR7. He let my friend and I take a quick spin on it. It's really nice. Low seat, real smooth and torquey feeling engine. I'm not giving up my Beta but if they can get them certified in the US and CA they should sell a bunch.
He put together a fantastic ride. First class hotels and restaurants the whole way. Great vistas and I love the medieval architecture. Something we certainly don't have in the US. I've downloaded photos into my PC and will give another shot to resizing and posting. I've also got photos from the ISDE motocross's on Sunday and stopped by the Barcelona
Motorcycle Museum.
Good luck on the rod and crank. Sorry I don't know any specific shop(s) that can handle that. If the big end is weak on those it wouldn't hurt to get an oversized bearing and/or crank pin.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke