Fi light is on

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Fi light is on

Postby dan46 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Today I adjusted my valves and the bike has 35hrs. After I put it all back together, it started but was running a little rough. The fuel pump does not sound right and after 30sec. The bike will drop in idle but still run. If you open the throttle a few times it will stall but starts right back up. Just wondering if the tip sensor will do this, because I moved it to install a new oring for the battery. Or could it be a dirty injector and is there a way to remove and clean it. Need help I was hoping to get out and ride this weekend.
dan46

Re: Fi light is on

Postby bikesparky » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:54 am

dan46 wrote:Today I adjusted my valves and the bike has 35hrs. After I put it all back together, it started but was running a little rough. The fuel pump does not sound right and after 30sec. The bike will drop in idle but still run. If you open the throttle a few times it will stall but starts right back up. Just wondering if the tip sensor will do this, because I moved it to install a new oring for the battery. Or could it be a dirty injector and is there a way to remove and clean it. Need help I was hoping to get out and ride this weekend.

If it stops after a few seconds but starts up again it's probably the tip over sensor.
Do you have it the right way up? It's got an arrow or UP on it.
bikesparky

Postby dan46 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:34 am

I do have it mounted the right way. Does that make the fi light come on?
dan46

Postby betadan390 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:29 am

check all your connections under the tank my stator wire was loose i had simarly problem it cost me $400 to have the dealer plug in a loose connector after checking a millon other things.
betadan390

Postby betadan390 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:58 am

Dan46 what was the problem? I f we don't repost the solutions guys will not know,this forum can be a great tool . Thanks in advance
betadan390

Postby Bandicoot » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:42 am

Check the fuel line that its clipped in solidly,
I have found a few EFI bikes that connection is in but its not 100% clipped in, even thou the bike runs it will show as a fault !!
Darren ..
If your not ridin' ... Your dyin' .. !!!
Keep on Roostin'
Bandicoot

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke