158 hr report 2016 350rr

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

158 hr report 2016 350rr

Postby Marty Moose » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:42 am

Well I'm up to 158hrs on my 2016 350. No issues at all with the engine up to this point I've just pulled it down to do a top end rebuild. The rings are still in spec as is the piston could have left it to 200hrs easy. Its a major pain to do the top end you have to pull the engine from the frame and its one of the hardest bike engines I've ever pulled out, you have to hold your tongue just at the right angle and its heavy or I'm old and weak. The valves are still in spec which I'm very happy and relived with. This Beta is Yamaha reliable for a 4st.

Bit of a disclaimer about me and my riding style! I don't rev it to the limiter very often and I'm sure as hell not one of the guys sitting on the start line smacking off the limiter. I ride the bike in the fat part of its power in the upper midrange I'm sure this is reflected in the engine life. Air filter every ride and I clean the airbox as well, engine oil every second ride and a filter every second oil change. Will post up some pics later for anyone who is interested. One other thing the rings SUCK so much tension and you have to use a ring compressor also the piston clips are made of Hercules's hair very tough. Forgot also did the cam chain it is also in good nick.

MM

ps will put this on a few forums people need to know these things are bomb proof.
Marty Moose

Re: 158 hr report 2016 350rr

Postby Engstrom » Sun May 07, 2017 8:35 am

How many times have you checked valves in that time? I have exact same bike and 6 hours on it. I hear two stories from people
Bikes nowadays really don't need to have valves checked as often unless your racing the piss out of them
Oh you better check them asap because...
Engstrom

Postby Marty Moose » Sun May 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Checked them at 10hrs shimmed one inlet and every 30 or so since still fine.
Marty Moose

Postby twowheels » Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Marty Moose wrote:Checked them at 10hrs shimmed one inlet and every 30 or so since still fine.

This ...
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke