Hard to shift to neutral at stop

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Hard to shift to neutral at stop

Postby NJZoltan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 am

Hi there,
I have a 350RR. I replaced my clutch friction plates, a larger slave cylinder and a new AVS clutch lever. I did put the steel plates in the same order with the sharp end facing in. I also bled the hydraulic fluid. The bike shifts great when I ride it. However, at stop, it's hard to find neutral. At times, I'll have to roll the bike a bit so it goes into neutral. I also notice that it shifts hard into first; a slight bang. Any thoughts as to what It could be? I know, I should have done each change separately but I didn't think I'd encounter any issues. Thanks
NJZoltan

Re: Hard to shift to neutral at stop

Postby Noppy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Just rev the bike once till 3.000 rpm and then shift to neutral. I know, it feels counter intuitive. It seems to be caused by the design of the dlutch throw mechanism. The bigger piston diameter in the slave make this behavior worse. Don't ask my why this is...
Noppy

Postby NJZoltan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Noppy wrote:Just rev the bike once till 3.000 rpm and then shift to neutral. I know, it feels counter intuitive. It seems to be caused by the design of the dlutch throw mechanism. The bigger piston diameter in the slave make this behavior worse. Don't ask my why this is...

ok thanks. At least I now know the why. Appreciate it!

Z
NJZoltan

Postby Rv4Bob » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:58 pm

shift UP to second, then a bump down to neutral, that's the only way I can find neutral.
Rv4Bob

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke