Who's got the most miles on their FI Beta?

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Re: Who's got the most miles on their FI Beta?

Postby firffighter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:22 pm

betaboy wrote:4260 miles on my 2016 430.
Had no problem and only checked the valves once.
Been run on 10/60 100% ester oil.

Impressive! You guys are putting on some serous miles!
firffighter

Postby OscarFox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Did the plastic gears @ 100 hrs. No issues and the gears looked great. Got some pics over @ TT.

130 hours 3200 miles. It's for sale though because I can only have one dirt bike..
'15 250RR Race
'18 390RR Race
OscarFox

Postby rrolek » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 am

Hi boys

I have 8340 km and 303 mth on my 350efi MY2015. Stil first piston, one clerance correction, changed plastic gears and some problems with wiring. Can say there is nothing for 3 years. Great bike
Sory for bad english.

Chers
rr
rrolek

Postby firffighter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Very nice to see lots of miles and hours on these bikes without too many problems.

I'm sure pleased with my purchase!
firffighter

Postby OscarFox » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:55 pm

firffighter wrote:Very nice to see lots of miles and hours on these bikes without too many problems.

I'm sure pleased with my purchase!

I should clarify that I had valve work done around 120hrs. Top end was being inspected because I was using a lot of engine oil. Ending up getting 2 new valves, valve seals and piston rings.
'15 250RR Race
'18 390RR Race
OscarFox

Postby NJZoltan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Marty Moose wrote:
firffighter wrote:
Marty Moose wrote:Put 200 hrs on my 2016 350rr all single track offroad stuff. Only 8hrs on my 2018 350rr.
MM

With your '16, did you keep it or sell it? Just curious if you tore into the top end?

Any issues along the 200hrs?

What maintenance schedule did you do?

Just trying to make sure I keep on top of mine to ensure she has a long life!

So far, no issues and performing awesome!

No sold it. Did a top end at 150hrs it was fine both the piston and rings were in spec. Have some pics on TT. Oil change ever second ride, oil filter every 2nd oil change, air filter every ride. Valves I check every 30hrs, had to adjust one inlet at 10 hrs after that no movement. The rest of the bike I just kept lubed no other issues that's why I bought another one.

MM

Did you get the top end done at a shop or did you do it yourself? I have a 2016 350RR and have about 3,200 miles. Also, what was replaced? Piston, rings...anything else? I'm trying to get a baseline on parts required. I'm considering doing it myself.. Thanks
NJZoltan

Postby Marty Moose » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 pm

NJZoltan wrote:So far, no issues and performing awesome!

No sold it. Did a top end at 150hrs it was fine both the piston and rings were in spec. Have some pics on TT. Oil change ever second ride, oil filter every 2nd oil change, air filter every ride. Valves I check every 30hrs, had to adjust one inlet at 10 hrs after that no movement. The rest of the bike I just kept lubed no other issues that's why I bought another one.

MM[/quote]

Did you get the top end done at a shop or did you do it yourself? I have a 2016 350RR and have about 3,200 miles. Also, what was replaced? Piston, rings...anything else? I'm trying to get a baseline on parts required. I'm considering doing it myself.. Thanks[/quote]

I did it myself although I am a mechanic by trade. Piston , rings, all gaskets and a timing chain. You will need a ring compressor as the scraper ring is one piece and tough as hell. You also have to remove the engine from the frame as one of the head bolts cannot be removed..... Thats all that sticks out from memory pretty easy really. Think I have some pics on TT.

MM
Marty Moose

Postby NJZoltan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 am

Marty Moose wrote:
NJZoltan wrote:So far, no issues and performing awesome!

MM

Did you get the top end done at a shop or did you do it yourself? I have a 2016 350RR and have about 3,200 miles. Also, what was replaced? Piston, rings...anything else? I'm trying to get a baseline on parts required. I'm considering doing it myself.. Thanks[/quote]

I did it myself although I am a mechanic by trade. Piston , rings, all gaskets and a timing chain. You will need a ring compressor as the scraper ring is one piece and tough as hell. You also have to remove the engine from the frame as one of the head bolts cannot be removed..... Thats all that sticks out from memory pretty easy really. Think I have some pics on TT.

MM[/quote]

Sweet thanks. I'm a former mechanic by trade. I left the business but still turn wrenches. I'll check out TT. Thanks again.
NJZoltan

Postby dirtbill » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:55 pm

FYI this fella here:

Up here in the Great White North, though it's not white yet, I managed to put 4079 kilometers in 121 hours on my 2017 390. Both trail and ds stuff. Twenty five days with Gaspe' Woods Runners helped.
Warren..........

Is a septuagenarian so he's making us all look bad when we do 2000km of mileage in one summer!
dirtbill

Postby Beta Jockey » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:04 pm

I have a 2016 390RR.

Currently at 2,200 miles/78 hours. No major issues. Oil and filter changed every 300 miles, air filter changed every 2-3 rides depending on riding conditions. Fork oil changed at 60 hours, oil looked clean. Will probably change out oil pump gears at 100 hours.

Bike has been an absolute blast to ride.
Beta Jockey

PreviousNext

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke