So I got this weird starting issue

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

So I got this weird starting issue

Postby Engstrom » Thu May 03, 2018 6:14 pm

So I noticed over the last month or so I would have to touch the start button just right to start it up. But yesterday nothing, not even a click. I immediately replaced battery with another and she fires right up. So I bought a voltage meter today and old battery was fine so I put that back in and she fires right up. But.... I also noticed I have to touch the button just right again. So I guess my question is there a knon issue with the touch start? Its almost like the button itself is failing.
This is a 16 350 rr with like 400 miles on it.
Engstrom

Re: So I got this weird starting issue

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Fri May 04, 2018 12:03 am

Engstrom wrote:So I noticed over the last month or so I would have to touch the start button just right to start it up. But yesterday nothing, not even a click. I immediately replaced battery with another and she fires right up. So I bought a voltage meter today and old battery was fine so I put that back in and she fires right up. But.... I also noticed I have to touch the button just right again. So I guess my question is there a knon issue with the touch start? Its almost like the button itself is failing.
This is a 16 350 rr with like 400 miles on it.

Still sounds like the first battery is the culprit
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Engstrom » Fri May 04, 2018 6:57 am

well the first battery was a new earthx battery. Like I said the volatage on both batterys is right where it needs to be. So I am confused
Engstrom

Postby Rv4Bob » Fri May 04, 2018 7:35 am

My earthx did the same thing. Voltage was fine no current to turn over motor.
They seem to quit without much warning.
Call earthx they may replace, they did on mine, good custormer service.
Rv4Bob

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke