How do you like your 350 EFI

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Re: How do you like your 350 EFI

Postby NJZoltan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:02 pm

I bought mine a few months ago. I love it.
NJZoltan

Postby redrider » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Those of you who have altered the stock mapping, what benefits have you gained from doing this and is there some beta info I can read up on somewhere on the subject. I have no time on my 350 except in the yard. FMF 4hex and powerbomb are on order. Just wondering how I can get the most out of this machine.
redrider

Postby twowheels » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:31 pm

The mapping is restricted at this point to calibrations created by Beta in Italy. The primary benefit relates to reduced engine braking with the +100 and +300 maps, but they also have proper mapping for the FMF exhaust systems, also with the reduced engine braking options.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Darkside » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:49 pm

I'd be willing to bet the ecu is locked on the rs models, especially for the Cali models
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby Marty Moose » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:37 pm

Anyone else located the map wiring under the tank Leon talked about ?? I had a quick look the other day when I was adjusting my valves and found nothing. I needed more time I didn't have.

MM
Marty Moose

Postby redrider » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:14 pm

I doubt most dealers have the tool to alter the mapping. How can I do this for the FMF setup?
redrider

Postby twowheels » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:10 pm

redrider wrote:I doubt most dealers have the tool to alter the mapping. How can I do this for the FMF setup?

If your dealer wants to continue to be a dealer he'll have the tool. Beta has stipulated that now all of the 4Ts are efi'd the dealers WILL have the tool. It's certainly not inexpensive but we view it as part of the cost of doing business. We delivered our first 2016 350 Racing Edition on Monday, and it had to be re-flashed to work with the FMF PowerBomb and Q4 it went out with.

What will be interesting will be what happens with BYOB bikes. I'm not sure that BetaUSA is allowed (by federal regulation) to alter the exhaust or calibration on the bikes before they ship.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
twowheels

Postby Darkside » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:13 am

does the dealer tool allow for adjusting existing maps or only loading prewitten maps?
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby twowheels » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Darkside wrote:does the dealer tool allow for adjusting existing maps or only loading prewitten maps?

At this point the tool allows us to upload pre-written (by Beta in Italy) maps and diagnose and clear codes associated with the fuel injection system. There is also a data recording function that allows the bike to be ridden with the tool tucked away in the airbox. Up to a month's data can be stored for analysis.
twowheels

Postby GMP » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:46 pm

The real value in that is also having a wide band AFR sensor in the bike, and also the ability to build/modify maps. My brother set up a Buell perfectly like this with the AFR and software running on a laptop in a backpack. Poor mans dyno! I understand why they likely limit the mapping to pre-builts, because with full access to the ECU it would be easy for someone to blow his bike up if he doesn't understand exactly what he is doing. On the other hand they could impose software limits and prevent most. This is how the Yamaha GYT tuner works. I have seen the Synerject binary map file and its quite large, larger than what I have dealt with. I think it must contain more than the matrix and calibration. Maybe a type of imbedded installer but its hard to say without seeing what's in Italy. If anyone knows or can obtain the file structure let me know.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

PreviousNext

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke