How do you like your 350 EFI

4 stroke engine,carburation, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Re: How do you like your 350 EFI

Postby Hammer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:44 pm

GMP wrote:The real value in that is also having a wide band AFR sensor in the bike, and also the ability to build/modify maps. My brother set up a Buell perfectly like this with the AFR and software running on a laptop in a backpack. Poor mans dyno! I understand why they likely limit the mapping to pre-builts, because with full access to the ECU it would be easy for someone to blow his bike up if he doesn't understand exactly what he is doing. On the other hand they could impose software limits and prevent most. This is how the Yamaha GYT tuner works. I have seen the Synerject binary map file and its quite large, larger than what I have dealt with. I think it must contain more than the matrix and calibration. Maybe a type of imbedded installer but its hard to say without seeing what's in Italy. If anyone knows or can obtain the file structure let me know.

Glenn the Sherco has Synerjet and can be adjusted. If I buy a FI bike I want full accesses to the little black box. Take my warranty away if you like, but let me in! :evil:
Hammer

Postby GMP » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15 pm

I agree, complete control would be a requirement for me. After all we have it with our carbs! I wasn't aware of anyone doing custom Sherco Synerject maps, but I havn't been looking around lately either, interesting.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby twowheels » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:49 am

Given that Beta has proven they can deliver fuel and air in almost perfect proportions at almost all elevations and in all types of weather with a carburetor, I'm willing to bet they have done the same with the fuel injection.

They currently restrict it because not everyone has the skill or insight of Hammer and GMP, and I'm sure they'd rather not hear the hue and cry of a bunch of riders with melted motorcycles. You might imagine the TT posting that starts something like this ... "I had the bike running way better than the factory, and then it just blew up. Better be covered ... there's only 6 hours on the clock." :o
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Darkside » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:38 am

do you know if it's possible to load rr mapping onto an rs ecu? similar to what a lot of ktm owners are doing to their exc's ?
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Previous

Return to Engine - 4 Stroke