Lectron for 2018 Xtrainer

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: Lectron for 2018 Xtrainer

Postby Cross_Trainer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:20 pm

Well, ended up gambling on the Lectron and looks to have paid off :D

With the fox shock, plenty of space. Subframe actually dropped into place easier than with the stock carb.

Requires re-routing of the throttle cable from the shifter side of the frame to the brake side.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 4.19.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 4.19.07 PM.png (458.75 KiB) Viewed 8653 times
Cross_Trainer

Postby njbill » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Cross_Trainer wrote:Well, ended up gambling on the Lectron and looks to have paid off :D

With the fox shock, plenty of space. Subframe actually dropped into place easier than with the stock carb.

Requires re-routing of the throttle cable from the shifter side of the frame to the brake side.

Did you buy the Lectron for the 2017 XT? How does it run?
2016 Beta 390 RR
2013 Yamaha WR250R
njbill

Postby Cross_Trainer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:31 pm

njbill wrote:
Cross_Trainer wrote:Well, ended up gambling on the Lectron and looks to have paid off :D

Yep, Lectron doesn't give you an option, just says 15-17 when you order.
Haven't started it yet. Need to throw on the shrouds, seat and gas it up. May happen tonight, if not won't be til after Christmas.
Cross_Trainer

Postby Cross_Trainer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:52 pm

njbill wrote:

Just wrapped up the install and took it for a spin around the block.

Its 35F outside. Bike started right up, died after idling for 15-20 seconds. Started back up, gave it a little throttle to keep running and turned off the choke. After 10 seconds or so, bike idled on it's own. Let it warm up for a minute or two and took it around the block.

No hesistation or bog, just wants to go. Initial impression is huge improvement over the stock carb, which i've had running great one day and crap the next. If it performs like this every day, i'll be extremely pleased.

Unfortunately, ~3 months until riding season starts back up for me so won't get to do a real test unless we head south for a long weekend.
Cross_Trainer

Postby LRM » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:29 am

XC103 wrote:Hello Everyone
I just talked to Lectron about a carb for my 2018 Xtrainer.
Lectron told me that they do not have a carb that fits.
They will be working on it.
The stock carb is working fine but when I put a Lectron on my 2013 KTM 200 it made a huge difference.
I was intrested in trying the Lectron on the new Xtrainer.
The thing I would like to improve is the MPG.
I am getting in the mid twentys.(Measured on several rides, not just one)
The Xtrainer claims 2.25 gal but when I drain the tank from complety full to completly empty including reserve I only have 1.9 gallons.
I measured with a Ratio Rite measuring cup.
Has anyone else measured their 2018 Xtrainer tank, I may have errored but I did it twice.

Comment: I love the Xtrainer, it is the best bike I have ever ridden and I have owned a lot of dirt bikes.
Handles btter than my 1975 RM 125(a great handling bike, bought it new in 75) has better power than my KTM 350XC W and it fits me like a glove.
The bike that came the closest to the Xtrainer was my 06 YZ125, I have owned 02, 04, 06, 07, 08 YZ 125s.(Racing GNCCs and YZ bucks helped)

I've read other post commenting on the small tank. I think there is some bad spec there. IMS sells a true 2.9 gallon tank @ $289

In the picture of the carb lines, the two lines that come out of the sides of the carb, should also be run up and into airbox or inside frame under fuel tank.
The only time you need he 2nd Amendment, is when someone comes to take I away!
LRM

Postby briandunning1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 am

Lectron just listed the 2018 Xtrainer carb on their site and should start shipping by end of next week. Looking to get one, but want to hear field / ride reports beforehand. Any information is appreciated.
briandunning1

Postby wwguy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:46 am

briandunning1 wrote:Lectron just listed the 2018 Xtrainer carb on their site and should start shipping by end of next week. Looking to get one, but want to hear field / ride reports beforehand. Any information is appreciated.

Brooks from Lectron was discussing this over in the Xtrainer Facebook group a couple of days ago. It's the same 36mm Lectron that I've been running on my 2016 Xtrainer for the past 2 1/2 years. As mentioned in my earlier post, some had claimed that it won't fit 2018/2019 bikes, although nobody seems to know exactly what changed on the 2018 bikes. So Lectron recently created a $4 "kit" for 2018 and later bikes, which includes 4 shorter intake manifold bolts to allow removal of the factory reed spacer and one of the gaskets.

I've been very happy with my Lectron. If interested you can read a summary of my experience with it in this post.
wwguy

Postby LRM » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 am

Hello everyone. I have a Lectron carb ordered for my 18 XT. it should be here today or tomorrow. According to Lectron, the Reed block spacer that is in the stock intake, must be removed to allow clearance. I will post pics and info once I'm able to ride the bike. My suspension is still at AMP, due to the screw up by the dealer who installed the K9 Kit.
The only time you need he 2nd Amendment, is when someone comes to take I away!
LRM

Postby Cross_Trainer » Mon May 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Just installed this on my fathers stock '18 Xtrainer.

Initially was going to leave the reed spacer in, but decided to pull it out last minute.
Clearance was minimal between the shock spring. Glad we went ahead and pulled it.

When putting the the carb, it was easiest to have it half in on both boots and work it all the way in after as this created room to get the air box side around the spring and onto the carb.

Bike started up instantly after install.

Comparing to my '18, his had zero spooge, mine smokes like a chimney at start up and leaves a decent amount on the silencer after riding. Only difference is the expansion chamber (I have a FMF, his is stock). Paperwork shows the exact same setting. Have an email into Lectron to see if i should fiddle with my metering rod
Cross_Trainer

Postby wwguy » Tue May 14, 2019 7:47 am

Cross_Trainer wrote:Comparing to my '18, his had zero spooge, mine smokes like a chimney at start up and leaves a decent amount on the silencer after riding. Only difference is the expansion chamber (I have a FMF, his is stock). Paperwork shows the exact same setting. Have an email into Lectron to see if i should fiddle with my metering rod

Are you both running the same fuel, oil, and premix ratio etc.? When I installed a Lectron on my 2016 Xtrainer I found that it was very sensitive to changes in fuel (E10 vs. ethanol-free) and oil ratios. For example, changing from 40:1 to 50:1 premix with the same ethanol-free gasoline made the bike run richer to the point where I felt obliged to lean out the metering rod a bit. I was surprised that the effect was so immediately noticeable. Makes me wonder how the stock carb with OI compensates for varying the oil ratio between 100:1 at idle and 32:1 at high RPM... or if it does fully compensate for that.
wwguy

PreviousNext

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke