Oil Injection

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: Oil Injection

Postby Survivor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 am

I have a 2016 X Trainer, could I had 1% of injector oil in the gas (91) as a safety in case the oil injection system fails? Since the oil injection system is lean (0.7% to 1.2%), may be it could be ok?
Survivor

Postby GMP » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:23 am

If your going to mix, just mix it all and disable the OI.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Whee » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:30 pm

My bike ran great with 1% additional in the tank during break-in. I don't see why you couldn't but it depends on the oil quality if there is a failure & you keep riding it hard. Someone on Thumper Talk suggested running Amsoil Saber @ 100:1 in the tank as a fail safe backup. There aren't any conclusive figures on the systems ratio that I know of so 0.7% to 1.2% is speculation. Until Beta makes an official statement or we all start keeping track of average fuel/oil usage, we will never know. Please keep in mind that I still don't know what actually happened & that I removed it for peace of mind for now. I have been playing with oil ratios & jetting so it is forcing me to learn more about the bike but I really do miss the simplicity of just filling the oil & fuel tank & riding. . . .

Survivor wrote:I have a 2016 X Trainer, could I had 1% of injector oil in the gas (91) as a safety in case the oil injection system fails? Since the oil injection system is lean (0.7% to 1.2%), may be it could be ok?
Whee

Previous

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke