xtrainer carb removal

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

xtrainer carb removal

Postby chalumpalump » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:42 am

i just brought home a new 16 xtrainer. the next day i roll it out turn gas on and gas pours out of overflow! it didn't do this at dealer when we went over bike and started it. i had them install the larger tank so i assume debris from tank is holding needle away from it's seat. my question is.... how does carb come off? looks like it can't come out of left side, so does exhaust have to be removed to get it out of right side?

i plan on cleaning it once removed and checking float height and adding a filter, but gotta get carb off first.
chalumpalump

Re: xtrainer carb removal

Postby luigi » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Chain guard needs to come off, loosen the carb clamps and swing the top of the carb to the left so you can get to the screws on the slide cap. Remove the slide and pry the manifold and air box boots as far back as possible (they're real stiff) you might warm them with a heat gun. The carb won't come out of the boot easy.
It may be easier to remove the pipe and attack it from the right side or maybe even remove the air box.

Ed
When in Doubt, Gas-It
luigi

Postby nevermind » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:00 pm

My first suggestion is to take it back to your dealer but if your set on getting into the carb, have at it. :shock: :o :shock:

The service manual on the Beta website should show you how to get the carb off. On my 300RR, it is easiest to take the exhaust can off, remove the lower subframe bolts, loosen the rear most airbox hose clamp and just tilt the entire subframe assembly up and out of the way. You only need to go up about 30* to get clearance for the carb. If you go any further you start bending the battery cables too much for them to handle. Use a stick on the tire if your upper subframe bolts cannot hold the subframe up at 30*.
nevermind

Postby chalumpalump » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:05 pm

thanks for replies. i would bring back to dealer as under warranty but dealer is 360 miles away. nobody had one in stock local so had to drive out of state. i could bring it to different dealer but carbs are not really a big deal. the top of this one just looks different. i will check dealer website for those instructions.

thanks again..
chalumpalump

Postby nevermind » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:15 am

nevermind

Postby Rv4Bob » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:33 am

the carb comes off like "nevermind" said, go the subframe route. I also had to adjust the float, plus routed the vent line up and over the carb.
The plus side of the float and line is mileage went up! I set mt float just a touch less (lower) then the books shows, have had no issues.
I
Rv4Bob

Postby Vspec » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:05 am

nevermind wrote:The service manual on the Beta website should show you how to get the carb off. On my 300RR, it is easiest to take the exhaust can off, remove the lower subframe bolts, loosen the rear most airbox hose clamp and just tilt the entire subframe assembly up and out of the way. You only need to go up about 30* to get clearance for the carb. If you go any further you start bending the battery cables too much for them to handle. Use a stick on the tire if your upper subframe bolts cannot hold the subframe up at 30*.

+100

Rv4Bob wrote:the carb comes off like "nevermind" said, go the subframe route. I also had to adjust the float, plus routed the vent line up and over the carb.
The plus side of the float and line is mileage went up! I set mt float just a touch less (lower) then the books shows, have had no issues.
I

+1000

If I have to do it again, the exhaust comes off and the subframe comes up, in the end it probably takes less time and swearing. While you are at it, get the slide spring and screw kit from Y-FR Performance.
Vspec

Postby chalumpalump » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:50 pm

i got it all done today and not that difficult. did rotate subframe up for clearance. the bowl had alot of debris in it. i assume from the larger tank i had em install before i picked it up. it must have had crap in it. i also installed an inline fuel filter.

i did not know anything about rerouting the vent over carb, i put it all back the way it was. the float level looked good to pic in manual. i was in contact with dealer owner and he said i may have to lower the fuel level a hair too. wish i had talked to him before i had it all back together.

as it looked when i pulled it..

after cleaning...

chalumpalump

Postby mtdirtbag » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:13 pm

It ought to be a sticky, so many Beta owners have found that just raising the float level a minute amount will make a large difference in mpg. I really don't understand why the factory has not addressed this. FAIL!!
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby Montesa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:21 pm

I solved it on both xTrainers by installing Lectrons. I've never had so many issues with a PWK as I have on the xT's.
Montesa

Next

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke