Lectron

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Lectron

Postby Gazza » Fri May 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi there, Has anyone put a Lectron on a X Trainer? Is there any benefits to be gained? Bike is running good on Keihin but was just wondering about Lectron.
Gazza

Re: Lectron for Xtrainer

Postby wwguy » Sat May 14, 2016 10:09 am

I'm also interested in a Lectron carb for my new Xtrainer. This is my first 2-stroke since the 80's and I ride elevations between 2500' and 9000' here in Idaho. It's not uncommon here to have 3000' to 4000' elevation change in one ride.

A Hawaiian rider over in the ThumperTalk Beta forum has installed a Lectron on his Xtrainer, but he had to disable the electronic oil injection (EOI) system to do it. Lectron doesn't currently have ability to attach a TPS to their carb, which is required for EOI to operate.

I inquired about this with Lectron last week and was told that a TPS-friendly version of their carb is in the works but is still at least 3 to 4 months away. I'm currently planning to spend those months getting a feel for how the stock carb works at elevation. I know of at least 3 experienced Beta riders who work at my local dealership who say they don't mess with jetting or mixture settings to compensate for elevation or temperature changes.

Beta sells a EOI removal kit for $150 for those willing to forgo EOI for a non-TPS version of Lectron.
wwguy

Re: Lectron

Postby Gazza » Sat May 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks for that info wwguy. I would really like to keep my OI, so looks like I will have to hang in there for the time being.
Gazza

Re: Lectron for Xtrainer

Postby Whee » Wed May 18, 2016 10:14 am

Lectron will also retrofit a carb with a TPS when they are available.

wwguy wrote:I'm also interested in a Lectron carb for my new Xtrainer. This is my first 2-stroke since the 80's and I ride elevations between 2500' and 9000' here in Idaho. It's not uncommon here to have 3000' to 4000' elevation change in one ride.

A Hawaiian rider over in the ThumperTalk Beta forum has installed a Lectron on his Xtrainer, but he had to disable the electronic oil injection (EOI) system to do it. Lectron doesn't currently have ability to attach a TPS to their carb, which is required for EOI to operate.

I inquired about this with Lectron last week and was told that a TPS-friendly version of their carb is in the works but is still at least 3 to 4 months away. I'm currently planning to spend those months getting a feel for how the stock carb works at elevation. I know of at least 3 experienced Beta riders who work at my local dealership who say they don't mess with jetting or mixture settings to compensate for elevation or temperature changes.

Beta sells a EOI removal kit for $150 for those willing to forgo EOI for a non-TPS version of Lectron.
Whee

Postby Mulley » Fri May 20, 2016 2:51 pm

I've contacted Lectron a few times in the past few months. The last email on April 14th from the company president said that they have a working prototype carb with TPS for the 2016 300 RR but they have been too busy to finish the testing. It should be ready by early May. Well, early May has come and gone. I hope they are available soon. I really want one.
2016 Beta 300 RR: RB head, LT susp, Scott's BRP, HDB guards, Hyde skid, Tubliss
Aprilia Tuono Factory ~ DR-Z440S ~ Husky TE310
Mulley

Postby Whee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:30 am

I would like to revive this thread & get a database going of Lectron info for X-Trainers. I just did a top end with a Ron Black squish band / head mod & will be posting my results soon.
Whee

Postby Hadden » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Whee wrote:I would like to revive this thread & get a database going of Lectron info for X-Trainers. I just did a top end with a Ron Black squish band / head mod & will be posting my results soon.

I'd love to hear about your results Whee.
Last edited by Hadden on Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hadden

Postby ride2little » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:38 pm

From the kind folks @ Lectron (today, 1/5/2018):
"we do not have a Lectron TPS developed yet for operating the oil injection system. Maybe Q4 2018 before we release this."
~MK~
2018 Beta 300rr
2009 BMW F800GS
2019 Honda Monkey
ride2little

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke