2015 300RR anyone tried the JD jet kit?

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: 2015 300RR anyone tried the JD jet kit?

Postby Jakobi » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:05 am

Johnno wrote:What a tedious pain in the arse.

If you factor in the clip positions how many possible variables could you have for needle tuning?

Too many thats how many.

As above, the last digit indicates the physical diameter of the straight section.
The difference between an NECJ and NECW in the same clip is just the diameter of the straight section.
The difference between an NECJ and NEDJ in the same clip position is that the NECJ is a half a clips leaner.

Given that there is overlap in the circuits, and the influence of a longer straight section in these needles to the OEM ones, then a shift to a leaner clip position can also influence that the diameter is responsible for. As such the chart you have listed shows the staggered order. JD does the same thing with it's Blue (rich) and Red (lean) needles in it's instructions; albiet they are more than just one diameters change between them.
Jakobi

Postby david.bergen » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:17 am

nedj and nedw is that also a half clip difference or is the dia just different ?

I have necj,nedj and nedw at the moment
david.bergen

Postby GMP » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:02 am

david.bergen wrote:nedj and nedw is that also a half clip difference or is the dia just different ?

I have necj,nedj and nedw at the moment

This was explained in detail several times, please re-read posts and PMs
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Enmerdeur » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:30 am

Johnno wrote:What a tedious pain in the arse.

If you factor in the clip positions how many possible variables could you have for needle tuning?

Too many thats how many.

That is why I miss the FI on the KTM 450 I had but not the weight
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby Johnno » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:25 pm

The NECW needle I ordered arrived yesterday. 2 wins there, guy who lives down the street from me now works at the Suzuki KTM place ( DISCOUNT!! ) but as I walked in I say a guy sitting in a black pick up with 100% decal'd all over it. I figured he was rep for 100% visiting the shop.

I stood at the counter and Jodi was with another customer the 100% rep walks in and says I don't work here but can I help you? I said I had parts ordered and also I owned 3 pairs of his gloves so no sale there either. But it was a deliberate social engineering comment.

He goes into this spiel about the company and then says wait I can do something for you, sprints out to his truck and comes back with a 2 inch high wedge of stickers. :)

Anyway I was a little bit surprised to see a very visible difference between the NECJ and the NECW. Given that there's so many needles available.

Like I didn't need super glasses to see it either. If the tyre shop gets my tubliss inner tube in and fitted I can try the new needle out later today.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Johnno wrote:The NECW needle I ordered arrived yesterday. 2 wins there, guy who lives down the street from me now works at the Suzuki KTM place ( DISCOUNT!! ) but as I walked in I say a guy sitting in a black pick up with 100% decal'd all over it. I figured he was rep for 100% visiting the shop.

I stood at the counter and Jodi was with another customer the 100% rep walks in and says I don't work here but can I help you? I said I had parts ordered and also I owned 3 pairs of his gloves so no sale there either. But it was a deliberate social engineering comment.

He goes into this spiel about the company and then says wait I can do something for you, sprints out to his truck and comes back with a 2 inch high wedge of stickers. :)

Anyway I was a little bit surprised to see a very visible difference between the NECJ and the NECW. Given that there's so many needles available.

Like I didn't need super glasses to see it either. If the tyre shop gets my tubliss inner tube in and fitted I can try the new needle out later today.

Interested to see how your needle works.. I have a 15' 300rr and at sea level and a little more..I've liked my jetting stock..
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Johnno » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Mine ran good stock as issued. Frankly I could have left it like that. It was a lot crisper ( as expected really ) with the NECJ but I could induce lean responses with it. You really had to look for it but it is kind of warm here and we generally have good fuel.

I am hoping the NECW will be remarkably similar to the NECJ for crispness and response ( which was improved over the very rich stock needle ) but with a greater margin for safety when it is cool and allow for elevation, who knows I might find some.

Let's clear up some factors though, we all ride differently, have different expectations, ability and locations.

I would never suggest to anyone that anything I do is the exact hot set up for anything. Nor would I read that into anything anyone else might suggest.

We can only use what any of us relay here about our settings and experiences as a guide.

There was an old guy who did a gardening show here, Peter Cundall, and I like to apply his advice about pruning trees to every thing.

" Look if you're not sure, leave the bloody thing alone "
Loose...
Johnno

Postby Wingfixer » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:53 pm

I installed the JD kit on my '16 300RR for a trip to Colorado. I live at sea level, needed jets for the higher altitude and figured JD would be the cure all. When I got home I re-jetted it with JD's parts and love it! It smoothed out and already very smooth bike, especially off idle, and I get another 20+ miles to a tank. I was a little concerned with changing anything in the power valve but the changes the kit recommends really smoothed out the power delivery. Again, this bike was already butter smooth, JD's kit just seemed to make it even smoother.
Wingfixer

Postby hooter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:18 pm

So I installed a NECJ needle as recommended by a number of members. Very happy with the way the bike is running. I don't think I need a jet kit. Thanks everyone for your feedback.
hooter

Postby mistico » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:23 pm

What's the recommended clip position for the NECJ needle on the 300RR? I have one that I'm going to try out to see if it cleans up the off idle burble.
mistico

PreviousNext

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke