Fresco Pipe Jetting Xtrainer

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Fresco Pipe Jetting Xtrainer

Postby thewegian » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Put the post in the wrong place the first time.

Planning on trying a new Fresco pipe on my Xtrainer soon. I bought a JD Jetting kit for it. Has anyone tried this pipe with the JD Jetting? I have heard mixed reviews about the Fresco pipe, but I own it and want to give it a chance. I'm at about 1100 ft. (335 m.) elevation. If no one has tried one with this kit, I'll post information once it warms up enough to try it. Thanks
thewegian

Re: Fresco Pipe Jetting Xtrainer

Postby McKay » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 am

I'm running the Fresco silencer on the stock FMF header on my 300. Stock jetting, it runs very well in this combo.
McKay

Postby thewegian » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:20 am

300RR jetting might be the way to go if I open up the airbox and replace the stock pipe with the Fresco. I might try somewhere in between since the Xtrainer doesn't have the top end of the RR. When we put "expansion chambers" on our stock 70s Yamaha Enduros, we went up one on the main and down one on the needle jet. I really think this pipe will be okay if Beta is selling it. I have heard that it is good on the 300RR and not so good on the Xtrainer. We'll see.... Since the Xtrainer has a "mild" pipe on it stock, you'd think that I wouldn't have to make too much of a change. It's going to be trial and error until I get it dialed in unless someone else has already done it.
thewegian

Postby McKay » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:25 am

I bet it will work if you can get some more fuel into it. Let us know.
McKay

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke