"No Toil" air filter oil

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: "No Toil" air filter oil

Postby Survivor » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Thanks a lot for all the replies!
Survivor

Postby Yrocmoto » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Johnno wrote:I personally dare a married forum member to put a soiled air filter in the washing machine, tell his spouse that he did then do a post on his experiences.

If you use no toil and don't use the washer, you are missing the boat!! I buy about 5-8 filters when I get a new bike (twin air work and have never fallen apart on me) I oil them up one at a time for use, and when I put the last one in, I do a batch of laundry, 30min later I have a new batch of clean filters, magic. Been doing it this way for probably 6 years now, I could never go back. I use the red oil, have wanted to try green, but after reading this thread, I'll stick to the red, it works and it tried and true for me...
Yrocmoto

Postby Johnno » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 pm

No matter what I did, the green would spoooooooge out of the filter.

I use Motul filter oil and wash it with kero.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby ricoyam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Yrocmoto wrote:
Johnno wrote:I personally dare a married forum member to put a soiled air filter in the washing machine, tell his spouse that he did then do a post on his experiences.

If you use no toil and don't use the washer, you are missing the boat!! I buy about 5-8 filters when I get a new bike (twin air work and have never fallen apart on me) I oil them up one at a time for use, and when I put the last one in, I do a batch of laundry, 30min later I have a new batch of clean filters, magic. Been doing it this way for probably 6 years now, I could never go back. I use the red oil, have wanted to try green, but after reading this thread, I'll stick to the red, it works and it tried and true for me...

It takes too long. It only takes a few minutes to clean airfilters in the sink using the No Toil cleaner and hot water. I've got things to do and people to see, no time to wait 30 minutes! I still leave them overnight though to dry. I keep two-three active filters on the shelf.
I think the red oil is actually discontinued but I've been wrong before. We buy that kind of stuff by the case so I'll be in the red for a while.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby redrider » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:16 am

I used to use the spray on No-toil Red on Twin-Air filters and after 2 or 3 washes, some started to separate. Something in the spray version I'm told is different. I changed over to the liquid type poured into the Twin-Air mixing bucket and have had no more filter glue breakdown issues.

Love the No-toil. It's the quickest and easiest clean and re-oil I've ever used.
redrider

Postby Hyde » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:10 am

I use red also and just tossed a few year old Twin Air filters that had the seams coming apart, the No Toil filters don't seem to have the same issues so far, is the filters not the oil.
23' 430RE
23' 250RE
21' 350RE
20', 200rr, gone
20', 250rr, Ye-haw !
18', 250rr,gone
18' 125rr, KYB forks, gone
16' 250rr, KYB forks-sold
15' 250rr RE-sold
14' 450rr, gone
14' 250rr-sold
14' 450rr KYB forks.
Hyde

Postby serialize » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:47 am

No Toil green evolution is great. Clean and non toxic! So easy to clean and not stinky.
Just make sure to follow the instructions very closely. When you apply the oil make sure all the cleaner was thoroughly rinsed out and dried out sufficiently. When you put the oil let sit for 24 hours before using in the bike as per instructions. If it's left too runny can clog up the carbs a little.
serialize

Previous

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke