NEWBEE TO JETTING

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: NEWBEE TO JETTING

Postby candbeta » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:01 am

Hyde wrote:Look at the chart and jet for the temps your riding, if your new to two strokes find your air screw, it's easy to access and carry or stash a small screw drive on the bike, if it's getting cold on a ride and you hear ping,ping,ping when you close the throttle two the AS in 1/2 a turn and it should help. The air screw only sets the first 1/4 or so and if your over 2-1/2 turns out you need to change brass, look at the chart. I've seen guys jet fat for traction but I'm not a fan, I race a few two strokes and my pipes only have a dusty ring around the outlet, and with IO you shouldn't see any unless your riding really slow technical terrain, or follow your kids 50's around all day.

If your going to ride all year in Canada I'd consider a low pour point IO oil, I've been ice racing my 250rr for a few years some times at or below zero, Polaris snowmobile racing oil is an excellent oil if your going to continue using the oil injection.

It's not voodoo, if's it's making a banging sound, or pinging it's telling you it hungry, or over fed, if your on a ride and know your riding lean don't hold it wide open down the road and you'll be fine.

yes, all my riding in technical, no racing so maybe some oil is ok then...sounds like i should just leave as is and only make the AS changes when required..all the responses have been very helpful and encouraging...i thank you all..the only time i ride fast is when i go from forest to forest and the dirt road ride is 2 minutes tops..i always figure that running it fast for a couple of minutes will help 'clean' out the cylinder/spark plug...

how did u get onto the polaris oil for OI?..

thanks
candbeta

Previous

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke