Beta X-Trainer Jetting ???

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Beta X-Trainer Jetting ???

Postby Yorick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 am

Hola, my Beta has plenty of poke and spins the rear tyre for fun when the revs are up. But often we go out over slow, rocky, hilly terrain where you need instant bottom end power, in first, at walking pace.

Unfortunately it's often lacking, resulting in struggling up steep bits. Needs lots of paddling with feet, but often toppling off :(

Needs more oomph.

When I got the bike a few weeks ago (new) it came with a box full of Beta goodies. Also a little bag with several jets in. Assuming that they have been tried and tested

Main - A130
Pilot - A50

Needles - N84K and NOZJ

The weather here is always warm, so no problems with cold weather.

Any help and advice will be most appreciated

The kit also came with much lower ratio front and rear sprockets, so could try that
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Re: Beta X-Trainer Jetting ???

Postby tiojose » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Ola,
Do you run ratio 13/52?
Try 12/52, will bring you closer to trial ratio.

The A130 & A50 are only safe to use with the air flow restrictor, together making EU homologation kit. So is the 15/45 ratio set also homogolation parts.

For trial style obstacle attack or xtreme enduro obstacle you have to get used to use the clutch for launching the bike. One left finger should be hooked on to the clutch lever at al times, that way it never dies and you have instant power learnig to use the clutch. Be carefull its powerfull.

Jets mounted 155 & 35 directly after EU unboxing.

Hasta luego
Tia17Xtr300 & Tio17RR300 like riding the Spanish outback
tiojose

Postby Yorick » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:24 am

tiojose wrote:Ola,
Do you run ratio 13/52?
Try 12/52, will bring you closer to trial ratio.

The A130 & A50 are only safe to use with the air flow restrictor, together making EU homologation kit. So is the 15/45 ratio set also homogolation parts.

For trial style obstacle attack or xtreme enduro obstacle you have to get used to use the clutch for launching the bike. One left finger should be hooked on to the clutch lever at al times, that way it never dies and you have instant power learnig to use the clutch. Be carefull its powerfull.

Jets mounted 155 & 35 directly after EU unboxing.

Hasta luego

Thanks very much for the info :)

I wondered why there was a spare air filter and full exhaust system in the spares box. They must all be to make the EU homologation
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Postby tiojose » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:54 am

KTM 12th front sprocket fits 100%
Tia17Xtr300 & Tio17RR300 like riding the Spanish outback
tiojose

Postby Rv4Bob » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 am

I got the JD jetting kit, was a little expensive for what you get, but works really well for someone not great at tuning 2T.
https://www.jdjetting.com/xcart5/jdb006 ... gory_id=46
You get a chart with the different setting needle, clip, main and pilot jet.
Also you may need to lower the float mine was always dripping gas till I lower it a few mm.
These changes will make the thing chug up most anything I dare to!
Rv4Bob

Postby Yorick » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:05 am

Rv4Bob wrote:I got the JD jetting kit, was a little expensive for what you get, but works really well for someone not great at tuning 2T.
https://www.jdjetting.com/xcart5/jdb006 ... gory_id=46
You get a chart with the different setting needle, clip, main and pilot jet.
Also you may need to lower the float mine was always dripping gas till I lower it a few mm.
These changes will make the thing chug up most anything I dare to!

cool :)
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Postby Craigm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:25 am

Im also having some problems with my 2015 X Trainer. Bought the bike second hand so it and two strokes are new to me.
The problem i am having is that i fouled a plug in the bush , no big problem but was thinking it may have been a combination of my riding style ( bit slow and steady)age of the plug , and maybe a fuelling issue.
Went for a ride today and the bike hesitates at partial throttle and when it tops out it break down (pre ignites) also pre ignition at closed throttle after an hour riding.
Plug NGK BR7ES
Needle N0ZJ second slot from top
Main Jet 155
Start jet 85
Slow jet 38
Air screw 1 1/4 turns out
Gearing 14 frt 51 rear

Any advise on the above carby set up or recomendations would be handy
Craigm

Postby aj_mariner » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:45 am

Here is a link to the jetting chart for xtrainer...http://www.motosupply.com/beta-beta-trainer-jetting-chart-pi-274.html?osCsid=25jofupi4gduiva32ehi3q9u63 What is your current temp and elevation? Fresh ethanol free gas? Does the bike still have Oil Injection or is it using premix? And the stock spark plug is NGK IR GR7CI-8.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby Rv4Bob » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:21 am

I run slow and steady also, but mine runs clean. For someone not "in the know" the JD kit worked great for me, pricey but worth it.
Mine ran 10x better setup to his chart. Plus JD answered questions in a very timely manner.
I can lug around all day, chug up hills and it hits clean when you open it up.
I would start from scratch. Remove the carb clean up the thing, replace the pilot jet (maybe clogged) with a 38.
Drop the float a touch. When reinstalling route the over-flow line up and over the carb, this will help reduce fuel leaking out, plus improve mileage.
Also if its a 15, maybe the silencer packing is clogged up? remove the silencer and replace the packing.
I know the spark plus are expensive but install what the book says.
Install a clean air filter and see what happens!!
Rv4Bob

Postby Craigm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 am

aj_mariner wrote:Here is a link to the jetting chart for xtrainer...http://www.motosupply.com/beta-beta-trainer-jetting-chart-pi-274.html?osCsid=25jofupi4gduiva32ehi3q9u63 What is your current temp and elevation? Fresh ethanol free gas? Does the bike still have Oil Injection or is it using premix? And the stock spark plug is NGK IR GR7CI-8.

Thanks for the jetting chart link,
I still run the oil injection ,temp is in the mid to high 20's(Celsius ) and will start to drop in a month or so to mid teens and below, my elavation would average around the 600 to 900 metre mark.
Craigm

Next

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke