Beta X-Trainer Jetting ???

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: Beta X-Trainer Jetting ???

Postby Craigm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:13 am

Rv4Bob wrote:I run slow and steady also, but mine runs clean. For someone not "in the know" the JD kit worked great for me, pricey but worth it.
Mine ran 10x better setup to his chart. Plus JD answered questions in a very timely manner.
I can lug around all day, chug up hills and it hits clean when you open it up.
I would start from scratch. Remove the carb clean up the thing, replace the pilot jet (maybe clogged) with a 38.
Drop the float a touch. When reinstalling route the over-flow line up and over the carb, this will help reduce fuel leaking out, plus improve mileage.
Also if its a 15, maybe the silencer packing is clogged up? remove the silencer and replace the packing.
I know the spark plus are expensive but install what the book says.
Install a clean air filter and see what happens!!

I have sent some inquiries for some suzuki needles that are mentioned in another post and ill see what they come back with. I do like the sound of your JD jetting kit and it may be an option. I was thinking the same with the muffler and have ordered some new packing for it , I had also got the info about dropping the float level from the local dealer as my bike did suffer from fuel leaking if the tap was left on.
Again thanks for the replies
Craigm

Previous

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke