Lectron for 2018 Xtrainer

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: Lectron for 2018 Xtrainer

Postby aj_mariner » Tue May 14, 2019 11:59 am

wwguy wrote: Makes me wonder how the stock carb with OI compensates for varying the oil ratio between 100:1 at idle and 32:1 at high RPM... or if it does fully compensate for that.

Those ratios only apply to one jetting spec for the OI bikes, most likely the one in grey on the jetting chart.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Re: Lectron for 2018 Xtrainer

Postby Cross_Trainer » Tue May 14, 2019 3:10 pm

wwguy wrote:
Cross_Trainer wrote:Comparing to my '18, his had zero spooge, mine smokes like a chimney at start up and leaves a decent amount on the silencer after riding. Only difference is the expansion chamber (I have a FMF, his is stock). Paperwork shows the exact same setting. Have an email into Lectron to see if i should fiddle with my metering rod

Are you both running the same fuel, oil, and premix ratio etc.? When I installed a Lectron on my 2016 Xtrainer I found that it was very sensitive to changes in fuel (E10 vs. ethanol-free) and oil ratios. For example, changing from 40:1 to 50:1 premix with the same ethanol-free gasoline made the bike run richer to the point where I felt obliged to lean out the metering rod a bit. I was surprised that the effect was so immediately noticeable. Makes me wonder how the stock carb with OI compensates for varying the oil ratio between 100:1 at idle and 32:1 at high RPM... or if it does fully compensate for that.

Gas from the same can (50:1 Motul 710)
Same exact bike performance wise minus i have a FMF Gnarly, he's on the expansion pipe.
Hours on bikes are probably within 5 hours of each other

Went back and forth with Lectron today while at work, they recommended 1/4-1/2 turn to lean mine out a bit.
Cross_Trainer

Previous

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke