Xtrainer 2016 - no OI light on startup

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Xtrainer 2016 - no OI light on startup

Postby Hal2000 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:38 am

Hi. I've been running without the OI for a while due to a knackered capacitor. I changed the capacitor, after which the OI seemed to push oil, but a steady blinking light on the dash indicating a problem with the TPS. I adjusted the TPS and the light went away. However, now there is no light indicating a diagnostic of the OI on startup. The troubleshooter that's floating around states that this lack of light on startup is also indicative of a fault, but I've not been able to find information on what type of fault it is. Can someone shed some light on this?
Hal2000

Re: Xtrainer 2016 - no OI light on startup

Postby Rv4Bob » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:48 am

My 16XT does the same thing, wont show start up status light all the time.
It seems to work on the first cold start of the day, but on rides, stopping/starting every 30 minutes or so, no light.
One thing I try to do is check the line to see if its filled with oil, when taking a break.
I only run the 710 oil if that makes a difference?
Maybe change out the diodes also?
Try disconnecting battery, then reconnect and start up, watch for the light.
When this happened to mine I tried to find the diagnosis relay (item 33 wiring diagram ) on the bike, thinking that maybe the problem.
Never did find it, if you do let me know please. The pump ECU runs the light, thru the relay, I cant find either items and I've looked!!
Any chance you can post the trouble shooting guide? or where to find?
Let me know what you find out thanks.
Rv4Bob

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke