Pipe bang .. realy heavy

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Pipe bang .. realy heavy

Postby thundercosta » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:55 am

Hello .
I have the beta 300 rr 2018 and I notice in the slowdown of the bike that makes me a pipe bang.
I read a lot in the forum but I did not come to a real conclusion to solve the problem.
I've already reviewed everything on the bike since air leaks, reed valves, and orings.

I have on the main jet 38 and pilot jet 158 ​​and the suzuki necs needle.

I am from portugal and the altitute that ride is from 0m to 500m and the temperature is from 61f to 78f

Can anyone give me some advice to solve the pipe bang ???

thank you
thundercosta

Re: Pipe bang .. realy heavy

Postby LRM » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:58 am

Pipe bang on deceleration is caused by a rich condition. If the only time you get this is with the throttle closed, your pilot circuit is too rich. sometimes an air screw will fix it, sometimes needle change or piolet jet replacement.
The only time you need he 2nd Amendment, is when someone comes to take I away!
LRM

Re: Pipe bang .. realy heavy

Postby LRM » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:32 am

I live in the US and ride an Xtrainer 300. I too had the same problem with my bike. I found the problem was cause from the bike bein too rich at 1/16-1/8 throttle. Piolet was fine with throttle closed, mid was fine and WFO was fine. I ended up using a one step leaner needle at closed throttle and then going up to a 160 main to compensate for the correct parts. This leaned out that spot and corrected the other spots affected by the leaner needle.
JD Kit, 35 p, red needle #2, 160 m ( I ride from 4000 to 12000 feet)

This removed 95% of my pipe bang. Hope this will help.
The only time you need he 2nd Amendment, is when someone comes to take I away!
LRM

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke