Beta Jetting

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Beta Jetting

Postby Jakobi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to share their findings.

I believe stock jetting is 38 N2ZJ#3 168 and most say it runs quite well and that the correction table in the owners manual also works well.

Has anyone tried/tested with the Suzuki needles? Did they like them? Did they see any improvements in fuel economy?

Just curious.. nibble nibble.
Jakobi

Re: Beta Jetting

Postby Enmerdeur » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:08 am

Use the chart and use the extra time you have save from not monkeying with jetting to ride.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby Hammer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:38 am

NECJ, 38 pilot 168 main for fall and spring. Summer same needle drop the main and pilot one. I find the jetting chart a hair rich at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle but some guys seem to like that gurgle down low :lol:
Hammer

Postby Jakobi » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:20 am

The Suzuki needles supply a bit more fuel towards WOT. Could probably safely drop to a 165 main compared to the stock needle. Good info though. I'm not jetting a Beta, but was just questioning if any/many have seen improvments with the Suzuki needles on them. I know I've used them in various other brands of bike to clean up off idle and 1st taper fuelling. Did search the forum but didn't come up with much.

Nibble nibble..
Jakobi

Postby Enmerdeur » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:01 am

I tried the Suzuki needle in my 2013 KTM 250 SX and did not like it. It cleaned up the bottom and and killed the mid range. It was all topend with it.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby GMP » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:09 pm

I have the complete set of diameters for both the C and D lengths, and honestly have not had a desire to bother. The bike runs real well, not rich at all. In fact I run the N2ZW in late fall /early spring, up on pilot and main. Basically per the chart. We played with the Suz needles in my buddy's GG and it did not work out well at all, too lean and flat off the bottom. Being my Beta is so close now I figured a needle leaner off the bottom would not be the way to go. Maybe if you stray from the norm of the chart in altitude and temp but I never go that far.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby celler » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:54 pm

Jakobi wrote:The Suzuki needles supply a bit more fuel towards WOT. Could probably safely drop to a 165 main compared to the stock needle. Good info though. I'm not jetting a Beta, but was just questioning if any/many have seen improvments with the Suzuki needles on them. I know I've used them in various other brands of bike to clean up off idle and 1st taper fuelling. Did search the forum but didn't come up with much.

Nibble nibble..

I use a necj and needed to drop the main to a 162 - 165 to get better over rev. I definitely prefer the Suzuki Needle to the stock needles.
celler

Postby GMP » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:19 pm

I'm still on the original silencer packing, 100 hrs., and the bike is still quiet. I just didn't think about it because jetting didn't give me a reason to. It's on the list for this winter though.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby twowheels » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:27 am

GMP wrote:I'm still on the original silencer packing, 100 hrs., and the bike is still quiet. I just didn't think about it because jetting didn't give me a reason to. It's on the list for this winter though.

Sounds like you'll have extra time seeing as your major winter overhaul has amounted to taking parts off, looking at them, and then putting them back on the bike :D
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby GMP » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 am

twowheels wrote:
GMP wrote:I'm still on the original silencer packing, 100 hrs., and the bike is still quiet. I just didn't think about it because jetting didn't give me a reason to. It's on the list for this winter though.

Sounds like you'll have extra time seeing as your major winter overhaul has amounted to taking parts off, looking at them, and then putting them back on the bike :D

Yeah I think I can fit it in Steve. :lol: Biggest job was the clamps but they are on, KYBs go back together and on tonight with stock ICS and a bit less mid float. Just a few simple, normal things like that chain shoe otherwise. This is how you really get to know the complete picture of a bike.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Next

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke