Beta Jetting

Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Re: Beta Jetting

Postby nevermind » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:13 am

GMP wrote:Typo in my last post, it's NECJ in summer not NEDJ. NEDJ is 1/2 clip richer. It's humid here in summer but the J dia works well at 0-1000'. If it's lean on the dia and/or pilot it will hang idle, and possibly knock on decel.

Got it on the hanging idle. So far, none of that. Just curious, how much leaner should the NEDK be from the NECJ? Just wondering if my assumptions were correct.
nevermind

Postby Bandicoot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:30 am

nevermind wrote:Got it on the hanging idle. So far, none of that. Just curious, how much leaner should the NEDK be from the NECJ? Just wondering if my assumptions were correct.

By rights the NEDK should only be a Half Clip leaner ...
I would try the NEDJ if the NECJ is giving you that blubbery feeling in the first 1/8th throttle :)
Also try it with the 38 PJ as it will smooth out the delivery and give a nice linear curve to the pipe for the fun part !!
Darren ..
If your not ridin' ... Your dyin' .. !!!
Keep on Roostin'
Bandicoot

Postby GMP » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:18 pm

No, NEDK is both a half clip RICHER and one dia. LEANER than NECJ. These needles like running in the #3 position. Get a pair of dias. in both length offsets and you will be covered.

For NE#+
NE = family
# = length
+ = straight diameter
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby nevermind » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:53 am

Went out and pulled the carb to make sure I knew where I was at. I was running 35p, 165mj, nedk, 85sj. Air screw was tried at 1-2.5 turns out and no joy. Ran with minimal blubbering off the bottom but was flaming out when coming to a stop. Not the usual behavior when using the rekluse. I'm now using the NEDJ, 38p, 168mj, 85sj and AS at 1.75 turns out. Temps here will stay in the 50-60's during riding hours with very high humidity.
Last edited by nevermind on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nevermind

Postby GMP » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:24 am

What clip position on the NEDJ? I raced my bike last July in PA, coal mine area. 100 deg temps on the black dirt and humidity in the 90s, doesn't get much worse for bike or body, brutal. The bike was not blubbery at all with the NECJ, just turned the air screw in a half turn. Pretty good scope of performance with this setup.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby nevermind » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:55 am

GMP wrote:What clip position on the NEDJ?

3rd. I didn't get a chance to ride it and get it hot-hot, but I did a number of laps around my house. Seems OK but not sure if it's "better" or not...
nevermind

Postby GMP » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Whats confusing is that you stated it was rich and blubbery with the NECJ and various pilots, and now seems OK with the NEDJ. I must assume you ran the NECJ in a richer clip position than the #3 you specified with the NEDJ.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby nevermind » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:42 pm

GMP wrote:Whats confusing is that you stated it was rich and blubbery with the NECJ and various pilots, and now seems OK with the NEDJ. I must assume you ran the NECJ in a richer clip position than the #3 you specified with the NEDJ.

I ran the NECJ at 3 and then 2 + 1 shim. No joy. Annoyingly blubbery off the throttle stop. Yes, I realize I went richer and it's running "ok". It is significantly cooler here so I'm thinking it needs a bit richer due jetting to the cooler denser air. I will know more when I can run it hot-hot.

Yes, I have a funny bike or the wrench turner is a bit off kilter.
nevermind

Postby nevermind » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:54 am

Excuses number 99 and 100: got bad info, did not RTFM.

Found out I was trying to adjust my float using this image:

while this is the correct position for the float for my carb:

I always wondered how they were getting so much of the float above the carb body whilst I never could!!! I'm guessing my bike will run a bit better with the float height set properly.
nevermind

Previous

Return to Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke